Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

fla meet at bmp feb 20, 2005

5K views 67 replies 14 participants last post by  smileyman 
#1 ·
i figure since the last meet wasnt that great, that this time we should have the meet at bradenton motorsports park on a sunday for one of their runday sunday events. its $10 to get in to spectate and if i recall another $5 for a tech card to race. and if no one shows up you still get to race or watch a bunch of badarse cars run. its a 1/4mi track and they do print slips. ill have to wait till they post next years schedule to pick an exact date. also, since there arnt any grills to bbq on and i dont think they allow any, wed all have to bring stuff like sandwhiches and cchips and stuff to munch on and plenty of drinks. the hours currently are 9am-5pm. i figure thats plenty of time and also it should still be pretty cool/cold out so we can get some good runs in.
william

#5 ·
i75 to the zolfo springs exit then 9 miles east on the right hand side. also, they dont have grills and i doubt they allow them so bring sandwhiches, chips, soda's etc.. to munch on throughout the day. ive got a schedule at home so will pick the date when i remember too.
william

#6 ·
Sounds good. Brandenton is the best 1/4 mile track around here. I'm new to the forum but not new to the Supra. I have a 85 and a 86. I'm going to be tearing down my Black 86 for a minor restoration and possibly depending on budget a 7mgte swap. I'm sure you guys will be of great help.

#8 ·
well, its the closest track to tampa and most of fla. i think theres one in orlando but not sure and i know of one up by gainsville and iirc theres one near miami. sad thing is the local 1/8 mile track will be dead soon. they are putting a new interstate up as if its even needed with us19 and i275 right there.

#12 ·
I'm down, just make sure you give a couple weeks of notice so I can make arrangements. Bradenton is the best 1/4 mile track in FL, Imokolee *sp is the next best, and I'd say it's a tie between Moroso in Palm Beach and Gainesville Motorsports complex for 3rd. I never seem to get traction in Orlando. We're having a Midnight Madness run at Moroso Dec. 4th, this saturday. It's 4pm to 2am. They have food, race gas, a scale. It's a nice place for a long night of racing. Anyone down?

#13 ·
if my hg was fixed i would be. im working ot this week so i can order the gaskets and whatnot with my next check. im hoping to have it fixed by x-mas if i get the parts in time, if not def by new years. ill pull the head off the 7mgte tommarow and make sure nothing else is wrong then the hg and i should be good to go.

the adress for bmp is 21000 state road 64, bradento fl. 34202
9 miles east of i75 on sr 64 (exit 220)

also, feb 19t(sat) or 20th(sunday) looks like a good day as they have events the weekend before and after. ill call tommarow to make sure they will be open that weekend. now do you guys want it on sat or sun? i figure sunday there will prolly be less people at the track so we can get more runs.

#15 ·
williamb82 said:
if my hg was fixed i would be. im working ot this week so i can order the gaskets and whatnot with my next check. im hoping to have it fixed by x-mas if i get the parts in time, if not def by new years. ill pull the head off the 7mgte tommarow and make sure nothing else is wrong then the hg and i should be good to go.

the adress for bmp is 21000 state road 64, bradento fl. 34202
9 miles east of i75 on sr 64 (exit 220)

also, feb 19t(sat) or 20th(sunday) looks like a good day as they have events the weekend before and after. ill call tommarow to make sure they will be open that weekend. now do you guys want it on sat or sun? i figure sunday there will prolly be less people at the track so we can get more runs.

I vote for Sunday.

#16 ·
I've got a friend in Gainesville that I need to start seeing again... Autox? Hm. =( I have no autox'able car, and most likely will not at that point either. I'll ho- out my wideband datalogging services for a co-drive, and buy you lunch to boot. 8)

I will most likely come down there soon, but will keep you guys updated as I find out more.

--BillyM

#17 ·
SupraWes said:
_HOT_M16 said:
How far is this from Gainesville?

--BillyM
About 2 1/2 hours. What are you going to be doing in Gainesville in February? Theres several AuotX's happening arounf that time also.
I love/miss Gainesville! I wish I still lived there. It's soooooo flat down here :(

#18 ·
I will have to check with the hubby and see what he thinks and see if my car is running by then as it still is down right now. We are thinking about changing the whole gas tank out of the 84 into the 83, not sure if it will work or not but worth a try. The 84 has an external fuel pump as does the 83 so it should work. I will let ya know later on whats what.

#19 ·
remember, its $10 to spectate and i beleive $15 to race(might be 10+15=25 to race). ill double check on that to be sure.

#22 ·
i emailed the track and heres the reply

Runday Sunday February 20th will include a swap meet. No charge to sell
anything! Only pay gate admission of $10 per person. Hours are 10a to
5p.
Tech card is $5. Come on out and bring the old car parts from the
garage!

Bradenton Motorsports Park

Track:
21000 SR 64
Bradenton, Florida 34212
Phone 941-748-1320

so the meet will be feb 20, 2005 at bmp.

#23 ·
williamb82 said:
i emailed the track and heres the reply

Runday Sunday February 20th will include a swap meet. No charge to sell
anything! Only pay gate admission of $10 per person. Hours are 10a to
5p.
Tech card is $5. Come on out and bring the old car parts from the
garage!

Bradenton Motorsports Park

Track:
21000 SR 64
Bradenton, Florida 34212
Phone 941-748-1320

so the meet will be feb 20, 2005 at bmp.
Let me get this right, $10 to get in, and another $5 to race???

#24 ·
yup. 10 if your watching, 15 total if your racing.

#26 ·
i plan on racing as well. just hope i have the drag radials by then. if not oh well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.