Status
Not open for further replies.

FS: 1985 MK2 w/ 7MGTE motor hks, msd

4K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  Dangerous Ken 
#1 ·
See less See more
#4 ·
mk2_suprafan said:
now that i look at it, thats an odd place for the oil filter location... was every other hidden space used up? it almost looks liek a pain in the ass to change.

reminds me of my old 85 :( i miss that car, even though this 82 is in much better condition.. except for that damn sunroof.
The oil is really easy to change. :D

#5 ·
mk2_suprafan said:
now that i look at it, thats an odd place for the oil filter location... was every other hidden space used up? it almost looks liek a pain in the ass to change.

quote]

Actually that is a pretty common place to relocate the oil filter to. It is quite easy to change, just lay a rag under it to catch any drips and make sure you use filters with anti flow-back valves in them.

Leslie

#15 ·
well lets see here...where do i start?

Ok...proshop...far from it...its total bootyfab, ghetto rigged, halfassed! that pretty much sums up the wiring.

the vacuum hoses plugged...not hooked up...missing...thats that part.

Interior is friggin crap, but its black (some peices are good)...but i have a complete black interior plus dash (thanks for the offer above) and now seats thank to my bud :wink: in MINT condition to go in the car. Its gonna look sweeeet!

It has no exhaust just a half downpipe if you can even call it that.

the body is solid and no rust(my main concern) Its silver :D

My simmons 17" rims and tires bolted up nicely....will have pics...looks awesome!

Honestly...it it runs like a raped ape. The clutch hooks up very good..Hits the bump stops going into second :x ..Needs springs...wheel bearings...brakes...

The heater isnt hooked up hose wise, but blower works...the power steering resorvoir(sp?) is ziptied on :? just need that 2 piece bracket..No a/c compressor. Doesnt look like the braces are hooked on the tranny.

I have all these parts and then some fortunatly...if i didnt i wouldnt have even bought it.

Some may think i got ripped now...some may think i got a good deal...but to me its just right seeing how my existing supra is going through the swap right now, and it needs to much body work....This car is a better foundation wise then my red one(rusting out) and it matches all my other silver vehicles :D

this car just needs some TLC...I have the time and parts to do it.

Plans are to yank this motor and sell it to my brother if he buys it and he is gonna put it in the red one. I have a fresh 7mgte on a stand with forged pistons port polish 3 angle MHG ARP and alot more waiting to go in.

Re-do the wiring since i have a high quality harness already to go in.

And all the other crap on our MEGA long list....but hey Its in the hands of a true supra nut and will be done right...not Bootyfabbed!

Sorry so long but hey you were wondering werent you?

Jake

#19 ·
I will PM or email you pics. I would put them on here but I lack the know how and im to lazy to try to host them through some website...thats the only thing that I dont like about this forum is the pic posting thing.

Im not sure how the wires look under the dash...but if theyre anything like under the hood...Im in trubs....but I think its the engine harness thats not in good shape...Guess we will see soon :wink:

#20 ·
I'd say you summed the situation up pretty well....

I think just putting the Simmons wheels on it yesterday made the whole trip worthwhile.... Wheels and car body were absolutely made for each other. They look fantastic.

Once the 7mgte gets replaced with the new "built" 7mgte the rest is mostly cosmetic and between us, we have all the parts that are going to be necessary for a complete face lift.

By the time it is finished, this car will be a "SILVER BULLET"

Leslie

#21 ·
You done good. Like you, I have the spare parts and harness, etc to finish it up right. I had a bid on it but it didn't appear to be a Pro swap judging from the pix on ebay, so my bid was only 1950 - but it was early in the auction and I couldn't get back online til this afternoon, I was gonna try again today if it was still there, too late.
I'd like to see pix of the oil filter relocation other end (the right engine mount area and oil cooler hook up)

#22 ·
No problem on the pics soon as i take them...I dont know how to put them on here...If you still have the pic of the front of the car...that silver intercooler looking thing behind the grill slot is actually the oil cooler. Its like 4 times the size of the stock 7mgte oil cooler. Its friggin huge! I thought it was the intercooler at first, but the intercooler is the stock one below the oil cooler. I will try to do some pics today if i can.

Any more ?'s

#23 ·
ABQMK2 said:
I would put them on here but I lack the know how and im to lazy to try to host them through some website...thats the only thing that I dont like about this forum is the pic posting thing.
Pretty much all forums with any large usuage are like this. It takes alot of bandwith for the forum server to host the users pictures, so very of the forums out there do that.

#24 ·
Hey Leslie, What Parts do you have for me. Mine needs a face lift too.
:)

All I really need right now is some Decent interior carpet. Was going to pull that from Jeffs car until Jake noticed a pretty big hole in the Driver floor board. That Pretty much ended that Idea.

Anyone out there got any Gray carpet? :)

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.