Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

"S U P R A_toyota" MKII Factory spec stickers

7K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  bshapton 
#1 ·
I am wondering if any MKII owners out there are interested in brand new SUPRA stickers. These are to spec and will replace the old worn out ones that sit on your lids at the moment. This probobly will not be a group buy, but will most definately be readily available possibly in the next two weeks. I can do any color, even fills, remember that metallic vinyl costs more! I will post pictures of the new logo on my car soon! Thanks in advance! :wink:

#3 ·
85_Supra said:
I am wondering if any MKII owners out there are interested in brand new SUPRA stickers. These are to spec and will replace the old worn out ones that sit on your lids at the moment. This probobly will not be a group buy, but will most definately be readily available possibly in the next two weeks. I can do any color, even fills, remember that metallic vinyl costs more! I will post pictures of the new logo on my car soon! Thanks in advance! :wink:
a few members have done this in the past, as well as MWebber doing UK versions of the decal..

would like to see the quality

#7 ·
re: stickers

As already mentioned, others have attempted to reproduce the factory look of the "SUPRA" sticker, but they either didn't get it quite (ie. not a uniform thick sticker, but one that was overly embosed), or chose to make it slightly different due to legality reasons. I'd like to see a picture of one on a car first before deciding (ie. close-ups prefered).

Sonny

#8 ·
Sorry to crash the party......

As others have mentioned already, others here have done the 84 - 86 hatch sticker already. SAME exact size & font, and it even says "Toyota" under the giant letter "A". No fitment problems whatsoever, unlike some of the ones that show up on eBay. Rock Villenuave (mk2rock) and Bob Shapton (bshapton), have been offering these to us for at least the last 6 - 7 years (this goes WAAAY back to when we were still on the Yahoo list). Initial offering was $50, I believe it's now down to $30??? Beats paying for one @ Toyota, which is currently over $150 I believe???

Feel free to make one, but basically, does the community feel okay about having a 3rd person offer another product that 2 other long time MKII owners have already been offering for the last 6 - 7 years??? Sounds almost borderline redundant, but that's just my opinion....

Comments????

#9 ·
CJSREDPRA said:
Sorry to crash the party......

As others have mentioned already, others here have done the 84 - 86 hatch sticker already. SAME exact size & font, and it even says "Toyota" under the giant letter "A". No fitment problems whatsoever, unlike some of the ones that show up on eBay. Rock Villenuave (mk2rock) and Bob Shapton (bshapton), have been offering these to us for at least the last 6 - 7 years (this goes WAAAY back to when we were still on the Yahoo list). Initial offering was $50, I believe it's now down to $30??? Beats paying for one @ Toyota, which is currently over $150 I believe???

Feel free to make one, but basically, does the community feel okay about having a 3rd person offer another product that 2 other long time MKII owners have already been offering for the last 6 - 7 years??? Sounds almost borderline redundant, but that's just my opinion....

Comments????
I have to agree. The reason I didn't make the billboard "SUPRA" decals are all listed above, and to add, repect for the guys that have been making them in the past.

I feel much better supporting the guys that have been supporting us (and the MKII).

no offence intended 85_supra, if you can do 'exact copies' of the Toyota decals, then this might be a good thing for people that are doing a complete stock restore, keep in mind, those are far and few between.

Mike

#12 ·
Mike, Bob and Rock, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be the
first with the clear overlay (apart from the dealer..)

Much harder to install properly without bubles trapped under,
but when you wash the car twice a week, the letterings have
much better protection with the overlay. :twocents:

#13 ·
RedP85 said:

My Point Exactly... :cool:

#14 ·
85_Supra said:
RedP85 said:

I wasn't saying not to make these. I know they would be harder to install and for those that want the overlay (as in a complete stock restoration, or otherwise) this would be pretty cool, but don't expect to sell a whole lot of these.

#16 ·
At the moment, I am unsure of a price. Probobly around $30 depending of whether you want straight black/clear, white/clear, fills, or metallic vinyl. I am going to check the specifics this weekend and try to get a small little price list for everyone to go by.

#17 ·
MWebber said:
85_Supra said:
RedP85 said:

I wasn't saying not to make these. I know they would be harder to install and for those that want the overlay (as in a complete stock restoration, or otherwise) this would be pretty cool, but don't expect to sell a whole lot of these.
That's fine, no harm taken! I just want to excercise my skills (I am a graphic design student due to graduate in August) and help anyone out who needs a sticker to help restore thier MKII or just add some extra look. :)

#22 ·
Did not know that about the clear overlay. Had bought two decals from mk2rock last December and just assumed they were like the OEM. Had not installed them yet. But since this thread, took closer look at them (pulled tape backing partially back) and now see they are different than the OEM being without the overlay. Definitely going to have to rethink what I'm going to put on my black repainted Supra. (Pick it up in two weeks) Am definitely interested in this third seller option from the community.

What had been the problem previously in including the clear overlay in reproduction of these decals? Just curious. Am also appreciative and respectful to the two sellers we already have other than Toyota for these decals.

This thread should be in included in the restoration forum. It would get alot more comments.

#23 ·
84/85MKIIATL said:
Did not know that about the clear overlay. Had bought two decals from mk2rock last December and just assumed they were like the OEM. Had not installed them yet. But since this thread, took closer look at them (pulled tape backing partially back) and now see they are different than the OEM being without the overlay. Definitely going to have to rethink what I'm going to put on my black repainted Supra. (Pick it up in two weeks) Am definitely interested in this third seller option from the community.

What had been the problem previously in including the clear overlay in reproduction of these decals? Just curious. Am also appreciative and respectful to the two sellers we already have other than Toyota for these decals.

This thread should be in included in the restoration forum. It would get alot more comments.
Do you have pics,or can you take pics of the ones you got that youre rethinking about ? If you decide to go with something else,and you aren't gonna use them , are they for sale?

#24 ·
All the ones that I have sold over the last 6 yrs ( 20-30 ) have never had the overlay.

Depending on the colour, the overlay is not always the best looking decal. I have seen many black or red Supras with the original decal and you can see the overlay around the letters. After a while they look like sh#t, depending on the weather elements they are exposed to.

The decal I sell is also very easy to install

I find that the decals I sell look a lot better since their is no chance of bubbling around the letters. Just because their is no clear overlay does not meen they will not withstand the weather. I have had no complaints yet.

Just my 2 cents.

Rock/

#25 ·
I don't know whether 85 Supra went though with these, but I am having some exact replicas done at a local printer, and am offering for others to get in on a group buy on these. Check the group buy section. By the way, the original decal is now discontinued by Toyota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.