Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

...a SINGLE permanent thread just for stupid online videos/stories/pictures?

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  BillyM 
#1 ·
Lets call it "OMG-ROFL-LOLOL-INTERNET-ROX-SOX-YAY! ..thread"

....that way, I dont have to browse to fourteen of the bastards when scrolling through the new topics of the day looking for honest technical shit. Infact, we can allow html code within the thread, so when you click on the thread title, it just whips you the fuck off cs.com and to some dumb-shit-of-the-day link site. I suggest fark.com or fazed.net

--BillyM

#2 ·
Billy,

As mentioned in our previous AIM conversation I'll back this one 100% I don't mind it in the general section...that's expected but this usless crap is getting on my nerves - not to name any topics or screen names. It's not the moderators fault, there is no way to stop it but a feature like this would sure be nice :)

#6 ·
Riddle me this ...

Should Funny / Stupid / OMG ROXXXOR / ROFLMAO videos be posted in the Videos section?

Personaly, if it's car related, crash related, Supra or otherwise ... I put it Videos.

Anything else ... General Chat.

Is this the norm?

My opinion on this is that there a few people on here that can use all the help they can get when it comes to sence of humor. I think the odd funny video deserves a place here, but not in the Video section.

Other than that I don't care where/how people want them put. A sticky thread in General Chat would be fine too.

#8 ·
Billy, I hear your point loud and clear.

5 General Chat, fluff, junk threads a day can produce 50 or so "New posts" if you check ofter enough.

It sounds to me like you want a new button that shows all new posts EXCEPT General Chat. I admit I don't use the "New Posts" button much for this very reason. I don't know if it bothers me much, that's all.

#9 ·
The "new posts" button is fantastic for those knowledgeable members to lend assistance to others with real question... Its too bad noone wants to use it because they have to scroll through all the bullshit. I swear to god, if I see one more thread about that fucking girl in the ferarri, I'm going to throw up.

To all of you posting the bullshit threads... The next screw of karma that lands in your tire, know damn well why you got it, children.

--billyM

#11 ·
_HOT_M16 said:
The "new posts" button is fantastic for those knowledgeable members to lend assistance to others with real question... Its too bad noone wants to use it because they have to scroll through all the bullshit. I swear to god, if I see one more thread about that fucking girl in the ferarri, I'm going to throw up.

To all of you posting the bullshit threads... The next screw of karma that lands in your tire, know damn well why you got it, children.

--billyM
StanS said:
I agree with Billy. Make a revolving Non-Technical Chat section and keep those posts off of the New Posts List.
Yeah I'll get right on that :rolleyes: Look guys ... quit your bitchin!

If you use your heads for a moment, you'll realize that ANY new posts are gonna land in new posts when you click on it. It's just the way the forum software works guys.

Billy -

Off topic / non-supra related posts are going to appear sometimes in Gen Chat and they're also going to appear in Videos on occasion. Please tell me that you guys are not so flipping STUFFY that you can't handle an occasional dose of something that isn't SUPRA RELATED! This happens on almost every forum in automotive land.

And for the record: I created the thread about the chick with the Ferrari. If your grumpy, self-centered ass can't handle it, change the fucking channel. You do it with your radio, and you probably do it with your TV too. If you don't like it......don't read it.

Please allow me to quote YOUR OWN POST from that thread you're complaining about...
_HOT_M16 said:
What'shername in north carolina, her and dad have some amazing paintjobs.

...although I dont know if he'd like half of our little community drooling over his daughter's "ability to work the stick" or whatever cliche' dribble we'd think up.

that said... I watched this video and then randomly got laid 3hrs later. I think its magic.

It runs on computer start-up now.

--BillyM
Yeah ... I can see how that Ferrari girl thread really bothered you. After all, you got laid and it runs on your computer start-up now...

I am so sick of you guys bitching about shit ... "I want this....I don't like that, change this, fix that" I've been real mellow lately, and then I read your little whine fest and it pisses me off. If you want that stuff done - do it yourself!

We got sponsors onboard so you guys didn't have to kick down $$$ to keep the forum alive, and now you're bitching about something that's free? I realize that the forum isn't absolutely 100% perfect, but it's about as good as we can make it for now.

*beats head on desk* :censored:

#12 ·
Good idea... instead of trying to find a resolution to a problem, lets just say that the people calling it out are "whiners" or what-have-you. Why dont you drop your insta-defense for about two seconds and analyze where our problems are coming from. Do you think I would complain so much about a car video being posted? No.... Your thread was the very first one, saw it was automotive related, watched it, commented on it. Since then.... there have been at the least 2 more, the latest one was, you guessed it (or not) posted right as I added that last reply. You really went to town on something that wasn't even aimed at you. Well done, you and alex can start a "Overreacters Annon." club.

...as for fixing myself. Sure, I would be more than happy to lock every single dumb-shit off-link that a certain couple people post here. It stays posted, it goes through, but doesn't show up every time someone replies with "hahaha, hahah omfg funny video".

--BillyM

#13 ·
_HOT_M16 said:
Good idea... instead of trying to find a resolution to a problem, lets just say that the people calling it out are "whiners" or what-have-you. Why dont you drop your insta-defense for about two seconds and analyze where our problems are coming from. Do you think I would complain so much about a car video being posted? No.... Your thread was the very first one, saw it was automotive related, watched it, commented on it. Since then.... there have been at the least 2 more, the latest one was, you guessed it (or not) posted right as I added that last reply. You really went to town on something that wasn't even aimed at you. Well done, you and alex can start a "Overreacters Annon." club.

...as for fixing myself. Sure, I would be more than happy to lock every single dumb-shit off-link that a certain couple people post here. It stays posted, it goes through, but doesn't show up every time someone replies with "hahaha, hahah omfg funny video".

--BillyM
Actually Billy, you did aim your rant at me - I started the damn thread you complained about.

Expecting me to not react to what you're saying - surely you must be kidding? As for over-reacting, don't EVEN get me started on how you over react to various posts on this forum, Billy. You do it time and time again - and 95% of the time I ignore your rant because I know that the following day you're gonna cool your heels and post something sensible. And low and behold ... you do just that.

Me "over reacting" would be kicking you square in the balls every time you post another one of your drunken bullshit comments on the forum, late at night. Do I comment on THOSE posts you make? No man, I don't ... I ignore them and move on and read other stuff. I'm capable of doing that - in fact, most folks are.

Billy, Mike and I don't have TIME to find a resolution to your problem. We do what we can with the time that we have - and I cannot and WILL NOT custom tailor this God damned forum to each individuals liking. Even after I tell you that all you have to do is ignore the post, you still PERSIST in expecting me to find a resolution to your problem.

See, the deal is...the problem IS NOT A PROBLEM. It's not causing anyone to lose any sleep at night and it's a very very minor inconvenience for you to have to bypass a few threads to get to what you want. There is going to be a certain amount of noise on a forum - it's all about being human and realizing that there is more to the world than just talking about cars.

You expecting Mike, or Karaki or I to tweak the forum so "Gen Chat Off Topic" posts are not included when you click on the new posts button. Damn man ... I work all week in front of a PC, and when the weekend comes you want me to dick around with something like that just so you don't have to see some posts you don't like?

Give me a fucking BREAK Billy!

#14 ·
Billy is a dorifto, dont mind him ;)

Anyways B, we can not change the functionality like that. We are stuck with the current new posts, with is the same as every single forum on the web. Fortunately, we do not have a s/n ratio like just about every other forum on the web.

#15 ·
Ok guys, cool, collected, serious Billy-time.

A.) Sidman, nothing I've complained about was in refrence to your post. ...last time I say it. It was at the least car-related and NOT a repost (as the other 2-3 in the last week have been) and I even took part in the thread.

B.) The "add another button" suggestion in the middle of this thread is an obvious joke. I dont seriously expect the ammount of coding it would take to seperate an off-topic-independent recent-search button.

C.) My honest/serious suggestion was in the first post and I stand by it. If it is not cs.com related (aka someone we know's dyno/drag/driving video) it goes to a single "omg lol internet videos" thread. Those who want to partake can bookmark the bastard, or hell make it their homepage. Every day it will be a new adventure in bullshit internet videos without taking up 6-10 of the most recent 60 threads when I check cs.com at the end of the day. Others who frequent this site for the technical interaction have shown similar desires, so obviously this isn't one of my "crazy billy" rants.

...now, if we would like to take the 3 of those clarifications and continue this conversation, lets do. On the other hand, we are more than welcome to continue out this silly squabbling and/or just ignore my little rant thread where I will contine to spat my comments (in a single consolidated thread, to quite the contrast of some others on this board) with their slight truths and concerns coated in a big fat blanket of woven grade-A-asshole over-tone every time from here on out that I have to wade through "omg crazy video" threads to get to the "good stuff" that made me love this place to begin with. <-- longest almost grammar-correct sentence ever?

That said, you guys do a great job if my only suggestions for bettering the cs.com experience is months and months apart. I appreciate your hard work and every single one of your contributions, personally, and technically to this forum. Mike, Siddy, you guys rock.

--billyM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.