Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Toronto. MKII meet, (July 12th), was great.

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  RaptorRacing 
#1 ·
Meet was great. Too bad for those that missed it.

What a blast and what a way to meet fellow enthusiasts of these great cars.

I'm glad I went to it.

#4 ·
Thanks to Mark for organizing this meet. It was great! Nice to see so many Mk2's out. We got to do some driving on some nice country roads, which is always fun. We sure got some looks during our drives.
Big props to Andrew for coming all the way from Ottawa to join us! Nice car Andrew.

Looking forward to seeing the pics and especially the video!!

#5 ·
PICS

Thanks Dean, good to finally meet you.. Well, good to finally meet you all.. And thanks to Mark for making me feel welcome..

Got to see Georges beautiful wheels, :yumyum:
an HKS single turbo 5M,
one of Deans babies,
Marks 6M, :hail:
Dougs mint 83? 82?,
and a blown head gasket. :( That really sucked Bob, we were all sorry to see you leave, you car is very nice though!

I only took 6 pictures because I didn't have a chance to get some more film... So here they are..

http://awilmut.freeshell.org/supra/toronto/

Looking forward to August.. Thanks for having me down..

#6 ·
Well.... I'd just like to say :rockon: to all of the guys that showed up.

Cayuga was a blast especially 4 my diff mount. thanks to Carl, Alex and especially Dean :D . We worked on the car :banghead: until 4:30 in the morning. at Deans house. This was after we I limped back to Deans with a tied up Diff.

I got one lousy run in. 15.0 seconds even with loads of wheel spin in the right lane of the track. My second run launch was greatly improved...... then :mad: the damn diff mounts gave up and said boom.

Thank heaven 4 the guys... it was back on the road Saterday morning...better than ever.

Except 4 the rain every thing was a sucess. Everyone was pleased, with only one misshap..sorry about the car Bob. It'll be back on the road in no time.

To every one who showed up, all of your cars were in awesome shape... keep it up people can never get enough of a well kept MKII.
Special thanks to Ken New the only MKIII owner that showed up Saturday.It was great having you there with us and that kick ass T78 7Mgte monster.

To everyone who missed it....... It was a great time..... sorry you missed it..... maybe next year 8)

Later

Mark

p.s Thanks to Andrew 4 drining in from Ottawa in the rain to be here. great meeting you.

#7 ·
Sounds like you had a fun time. Wish I wouldn't have missed it. Who blew a head gasket?

#9 ·
Too bad about the weather. Regardless I had a great time , nice to see everyone again and meet some new ( to me ) faces.
I know I'll be going back to the docks sometime. It was a first for me and can well imagine what the place would be like when its sunny and warm.
Sorry I had to split semi-early ( short leash you might say ). Did you guys end up going to the movies ??
See ya mid-aug
DJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.