Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

not really a new member...

995 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  kovec 
#1 ·
...but i never did introduce myself, story time!

i've been on here for over a year but i rarely posted. mostly came here to find information but lately i've had more free time and started coming here more so i might as well tell my story. my name is Seth, i've owned 3 cel-sups, my first car ever was a black 84 p-type i picked up locally for $500 even tho the guy was asking $1500 (no one would buy it). it was sitting in my driveway before i even had my driver's license. rusty, broken wipers, peeling paint, high mileage, etc... whatever, it was my first car (1997). i didn't know anything about them since imports weren't popular in my area back then but i did know that i loved driving it... at least until winter. winter sucked with that car. it would get stuck all the time and the rear was always swinging all over the road. the next summer i decided i didn't like the car anymore and bought an 86 cutlass. that got totalled, not my fault, years go by, blah blah blah, and in 2004 a friend spots a white 85 at a local dealership. for a month i didn't do anything b/c i figured it wouldn't be a good financial decision at that time (college, rent, bills, etc..). well i finally gave into temptation and just went to look at it without really intending to buy it. a week goes by and i go back with a friend and ready to make an offer. he wants $2000, i'm only willing to pay $1500, no deal. a couple days later i decide what the fuck, can't pass this up so i go back and say i want it for the $2000. he tells me it's gone! arrrg! sent it out to auction that morning! well he calls the place up and they're willing to bring it back if i pay for it right then and there. so i do and luckily i ended up with my white 85 which you see in my sig. well this past summer some guy comes up to me while i'm getting in my car and tells me he has a black 84 with a blown engine he'll sell me for $100. so i bought it and it's now my parts car b/c it's not in good shape. my white one had american racing wheels on it from when i bought it and i hated them so i took the stock ones off the parts car and swapped em onto the white one. i miss the wheels that were on my first car though.

it's all stock right now. i was at the CHI2K5 meet (drag racing part only) and met the guy with the bright green one, i forget his name. was my first time racing a 5-speed and rwd and my best time was a 16.7. i even left the stock airbox on, i wanted a baseline time so that i can gauge improvement over stock with mods. someone on supraforums has video of me racing but i'm still waiting for it. next year i'm probably going to start autocrossing it, my friend has been pressuring me to get into that for years and he really wants me to now that i have the supra. so right now my first priority is replacing the mushy shocks/struts with konis.

and before anyone says anything, yes i know there are ppl on here who autox and that there's lots of info on suspension. and yes i know how to use the search, i'm not a n00b.

thanks for your time
-Seth

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.