Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

a belated introduction

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Dude 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys I've been on here about a week posted a few threads for help and opinions on things, and i thought i had better introduce myself. thanks.....

....Only messin. Ok I'm from england the south of england in hampshire hello to any other brits in this forum, I'm 23 and currently own two 85 celica supra's, the second i got only a couple of weeks ago, which has been off the road for about 6 years but well looked after which if i didn't buy was going to go to the breakers. In fact it's in better condition than the first celica supra i own, which i got about 7-8months ago, saving it from banger racing and eventually the scrappy!! I also own a mrk2 ford fiesta XR2 that i saved from the scrappy but my g/f drives that.
oh yeah almost forgot my name is Chris
hi ya all

#3 ·
Hi Chris,
Welcome, it's nice to see another Brit on the forum, i know there are a few others as well. Glad to hear that you are saving a couple of supras from the scrappies, there are precious few left over here in the UK now. I am not too far away from you, over in Sherborne, Dorset. Maybe we should have a meet somewhen? I am thinking of going to Japfest at Castle Combe on May 20th. I should warn you that i am a bit of an old f@rt at 44yrs old though!

#6 ·
chill said:
Hi Chris,
Welcome, it's nice to see another Brit on the forum, i know there are a few others as well. Glad to hear that you are saving a couple of supras from the scrappies, there are precious few left over here in the UK now. I am not too far away from you, over in Sherborne, Dorset. Maybe we should have a meet somewhen? I am thinking of going to Japfest at Castle Combe on May 20th. I should warn you that i am a bit of an old f@rt at 44yrs old though!
Hi I'm thinking of going to the jap fest again this year as well went last year before i owned the supra, I wouldn't mind talking to the supra owners club it would be cool to have the celica supra there I didn't see any last year.
The best thing about the supra is that they are so rare I think i have only seen two maybe three since owning it!

#11 ·
Oh wait yeah i think i know did he have a bright blue celica supra with wolfrace wheels and blacked out windows? his car was in practial performance car mag. I went on his web site a few times. I tried searching for the web site a little while ago but couldn't find it. that is a shame I feel really bad i didn't even read up on his lukemia i ownly had the car about month before so i was more interested on the info he put on there of the car.

#13 ·
brit MA61 supra said:
Wow your 85 looks just like my new one sweet is there any sort of british celica supra club?
There's not enough of us to have our own club.

There's UK Supras Group http://www.supras.co.uk/ but they're all mk3 and mk4 owners.
I'm in Celica Club UK http://www.celica-club.co.uk/ Not many members have got old cars but they're friendly and there's a lot of interest in the old models.
There's also the Toyota Enthusiasts Club (TEC) http://www.toyotaenthusiasts.com/ for all old Toyotas.

#16 ·
Hi Chris, Hooray for the UK!

I'm Oliver and I'm from Goodwood. Totally agree about it being a shame that the celica supra is not that popular in the UK. I spend some time on the Celica UK website, but I find it caters more for later models. Although I did read a post there the other day about putting on a display of older models at JAE in July. Tempted, but not sure mine's good enough to be on a stand! I'm definitely going to the Retro & Classic Car Show at Santa Pod on July2 though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.