Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

mkiii, 7mgte, safc II settings

6K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  all4mkiiit 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I am new here and have been looking for a while and can't find what I'm looking for. I want to find some base settings for my safc II that I am going to install. I have seen that you aren't supposed to use other peoples settings, but I want to save from paying the dyno shop to install it. I want to pay them to just tune it. I just need someones settings so that I can get it to run decent in order for me to drive it to the dyno shop. My mods are: 550 injectors, lexus afm, walbro 255, ct26 60-1, spearco intercooler, cooleeze intercooler pipe kit, turbo xs dual stage boost controller, 3.5" downpipe and 3.5" catless exhaust. I don't know if it matters, but I also have the following: 18" wheels, stage 2 clutch, aluminum flywheel, turbo timer, fuel pressure regulator. That is all, I think.... Also, I am just installing the fuel pressure regulator, and what would be a good setting for me to set it to? I also, wanted to say that even though I am a new member, I have been looking on here for a while and have got loads of useful info from you guys. Thanks and any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
all4mkiiit said:
...settings so that I can get it to run decent in order for me to drive it to the dyno shop....

Zeros across the range will achieve what you need, any other setting w/o a wideband is a guess and a gamble....and you know you've put too much work into your setup to gamble.....right?

For fuel pressure, look for 35psi w/ vacuum disconnected.

#3 ·
settings and fuel pressure

yeh, a lot of $$$$. Thanks I will put them all at 0. Why with the vacuum lines disconnected? I don't really understand. I want to get it all hooked up and then set it to what would work best. I guess I can have the dyno shop adjust it also. I heard that 27-30 psi works good with these mods??

#5 ·
You listed a fuel pressure regulator in your mods, which one? Is it 1:1?
RC recommends a base FP of 43.5psi w/ the 550s.

I run that for my base w/ a Aeromotive 1:1 unit which which pukes out 1psi more of fuel pressure for every psi of boost. The higer the boost the more AFC correction is needed. So at 9psi(stock) I remove 8%(-8) from 3500K rpms to redline. At 16psi I need to bump that up to -16%. Of course, don't use those setings!

Also, I have my Lexus AFM by-pass screw out to the end of it's adjustment. That will also lean things out abit and raise the fuel cut.

Learn how to use the AFC first. Then go visit your local Dyno Jet and start tuning on the wide band!

#6 ·
Really? That seems high to me, but maybe it's just further proof of how setups can differ. My base is 48psi, but I'm running the Lex w/ 440s AND have my bypass all the way out.

Most common gripe I remember reading on the SOGI list were from people running the Lex/550 combo on stock FPR and finding they were a little rich. The AFPR came into play to *lower* base FP on those setups. That aside, I'm certainly of the mindset that you do what's necessary for your engine, and what applies to one really won't apply to another.

#7 ·
Yeah, even with the stock FPR w/ 550s it still didn't run that rich. I have heard that the MK3s seem to run richer than the MK2s with the same setups. Might be cause the stock pump or return? But mine has a Walbro. Also, bigger turbos will suck more fuel per psi.

#8 ·
Hmmm I'm gonna have to keep on this thread. With my 60-1 ct26 and all my safc settings set at 0, i was hitting mid 9:1 afr's at 13-14 psi. thats with lex/550's/walbro pump, and the afm screw in the stock position (which seems to be backed out pretty far). I'm now at about 10.5:1 afr pulling about -8% fuel from 3500-redline.

#9 ·
fuel pressure regulator and dual stage boost controller

will a fuel preesure regulator adjust fuel accordingly to boost pressure? I have a manual dual stage boost controller and was wondering if the fuel will adjust to it accordingly or if it needs to. I have an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.