Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Getting 404 Not Found With Netscape

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Speed Racer 
#1 ·
Ok...no netscape flaming here...but whenever i use netscape i can get to the main site, but when i try to get to the forums I get a 404 Not Found. I know the easy way around this is just to use IE...but i find netscape easier to use and was just curious.

Thanks Steve,

Later

See less See more
#5 ·
I have the latest version of Netscape installed on my PC, and I have no issues whatsoever.

Perhaps something is set wrong in your default settings in the browser? Obviously a 404 error = URL not found and we both know the site and the forum are here so...

I dunno :confused: wish I could be of more assistance. I use both browsers (because stuff has to look right in both lands).

#6 ·
Actually,

now that i think of it, another member Mark from Oshawa was telling me the same thing yesterday. He was saying that the site was down intermitently yesterday. I didn't believe him cause i was using ie all day yesterday(at work). But when i got home and used netscape i thought the site was down, so i went to bed. I'll try to reach him to ask him which browser he was using.

Thanks anyway

#7 ·
Oh.....I can explain that to you guys (I suspected this but didn't think you were being affected)....at least not for very long.

The webhosting company changed it's physical IP address yesterday (very early A.M.) and as the new IP change propagated on all the servers in Internet Land, some people experienced a 404 situation since their part of the world hadn't resolved the new IP yet.

The time span this occured was so minimal that I didn't even bother posting anything about it.

One suggestion: In Netscape, trying adjusting your settings so it looks for new versions of stored pages (in your cache) in "automatic" mode. That way if there is a newer version of a site page out there (like it happens to cache the 404 error screen) you don't see that on your next visit.

Hope this helps a little.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.