Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

11 SEC SUPRA

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Dean 
#1 ·
we finaly change the rear end of the car to test it it broke two weeks ago so i could not post nothing.
but tonight it all came down to the last pas of the car.
i decided to test the n2o on the car.
the track was perfect it hooked good alnight i did a long smokey burn out it fill the car whit smoke the smell was so sweet.
the smoke clear out i pre stage then stage switch the two step on i launch @5200 rpm shifted in second hit the n2o switch the car ran a solid 11.40 @123 mph i will be posting the slip tomorow so you can see it.

#6 ·
Jody has mentioned previously that I "think" he is in Curacao???? Or somewhere in the Caribbean.... Jody???

#7 ·
yes i live im Curacao it is an island in the caribean if you know Aruba we are the big brother of Aruba every 3 month there is a race war between us and aruba they will ship the cars here and for 3 days its racing.
then over 3 monts we will ship ours there and race its cool they have some pretty fast car there.
so the 11.40 is an old time now i want to change the N2o jets now, i have 50 hp i want to go to 75 to see what it will do there are 3 more races left.
then its grinder time the caris heavy its 2523 lbs i want to get it in the 1900 lbs so when i put the 7m in it to see wat it will do.

#8 ·
Hi Jody,

Great run with the Supra! Those are some very nice numbers.

Getting the car down to 1900 lbs will be a lot of work, as I'm sure you already know. Lightest Mk2 I've heard of was 2200 lbs without driver. I can send you some info on what was done to that car if you want, just PM me to let me know.

Take a look at this page on my website for a list of parts and their weights. http://www3.sympatico.ca/dean.anderson4/weights.html
I've got an updated version of this list with some additions and corrections, but can't upload anything to my website right now. I'll try to get it updated soon.

Good luck!

#9 ·
look the weigt is 2523 whit me in and the no2 bottel - the fire extinguisher
the car alon weigt in @2300 lbs (est) look we wil cut the floor fire wall inner skirts let me put it this way it will be fully tubed a friend is making a mold for the hood the fenders and doors so i will make them of fiber glass so it will be ligther.

#10 ·
That's cool Jody.

Here are some weights I've gathered, just to give you an idea of what the car might end up weighing when you are done.

Doors weigh 38 lbs each with no guts or glass in them.
Hood weighs 40 lbs.
Firewall and engine compartment unibody (approx) 120 lbs.
Floorpan under front seats to bottom of firewall (approx) 50 lbs.
Rear seat floor pan and hatch area unibody (approx) 140 lbs.
Roof with sunroof underpanel, A and B pillars and rear pillars (approx) 70
Front fenders (total for both sides) (approx) 20 lbs

Let us know how light you are able to get the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.