Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1000+ members!

8K views 34 replies 27 participants last post by  Hirogen 
#1 ·

In just under 8 months we managed to get 1001 members. Keep up the good work guys! :thumbup: :fruit:

Here are the September stats:
Hits: 2,977,582 (100.22 hits/visit)
Pages: 307,375 (10.34 pages/visit)
Visits: 29,710 (2.61 visits/visitor)
Unique IPs: 11,345
Bandwidth: 20.25 GB
Countries: 19 including US/Canada
Note, these stats grow every month, last month by almost 15%

Post ho #1: SupraFiend
Post ho #2: SpankOne

See less See more
#2 ·
And the Y site is going away, very few posts there anymore. This format is soooo much better. Maybe one day TomD will join the rest of us here on the dark side.

#3 ·
I agree, that would be great if we can get TomD here.

I did seem to notice that some of the long time peeps that are still on the Yahoo list, are AOL users. Just a coincidence??? I know that some AOL users were having problems accessing the forums & instructions were posted on how to correctly get here (I noticed that AlanG (Alan Goodsite in Las Vegas) finally made it here), but now we're still waiting on TomD. (I think he did mention having problems accessing the forums).

But yep, the Yahoo list is slowly shrinking away.... I'll look at it occasionally, but I'm lucky if I post on it 1X a week. Otherwise, the Yahoo list usage does go up a tiny bit, if there is a technical glitch w/ the forums (hosting or technical glitch, or if we exceeded BW for the month).

Good job to Mike & Stephen!!!! I'll have to admit that in this case, change was good!!! (yep, I was one of those who wanted to stay w/ the mailing list & didn't want to move to a web based forum). :oops: :oops:

#4 ·
It would be interesting if we could find out how many *actual* members we have - as has been mentioned before, some people have several "aliases".....!

#6 ·
I'm half tempted to go through the member list and start nuking people who have joined, but never posted anything. Maybe go back like 2 months ago or so....and anyone who joined two months ago, but never posted a thing...POOF!

The way I see it, if you joined the forum 60 days ago, but never contributed so much as a "hello" to the forum...what's the point in you having an account at all? It's like joining the SCCA but never actually driving your car.

#7 ·
SupraRacer007 said:
I'm half tempted to go through the member list and start nuking people who have joined, but never posted anything. Maybe go back like 2 months ago or so....and anyone who joined two months ago, but never posted a thing...POOF!

The way I see it, if you joined the forum 60 days ago, but never contributed so much as a "hello" to the forum...what's the point in you having an account at all? It's like joining the SCCA but never actually driving your car.
I like that idea. Sounds good and fair.

#8 ·
SupraFiend said:
yeah and we have tons of lurkers. Theres pages of registered users that have never posted before.

Then theres me on the other hand, Post Ho #1 and proud of it! :lol:
:whutthef: Im Post ho #2 now :rippedha: :rotfl:

Yo SuperRicer007 I like your Idea :wink: :snipersm: :n00b:

#12 ·
SupraRacer007 said:

I say leave em alone. It could be they are lurking and reading to learn.

We need as much interest as possible from people to maintain interest in our cars.

No reason to kick em out yet is there? At least they are using up wonderful bandwith with pointless posts like others who will remain nameless. 8)

#13 ·
wallcrawlr said:
SupraRacer007 said:

We need as much interest as possible from people to maintain interest in our cars.

No reason to kick em out yet is there? At least they are using up wonderful bandwith with pointless posts like others who will remain nameless. 8)
you have have a good point, but Iv seen lots of repetitive names. Im sure if I go and look right now ill find some :?

#15 ·
wallcrawlr said:

Sure...why not...

Total members: 1005
Total members who have posted: 684
Total members who have joined but never posted: 321

All 321 of them are lurking and reading to learn? If they haven't posted anything for two months since they joined, chances are good they're never going to post at all.

#18 ·
Yes, please keep us. I dont post because I dont feel I know enough yet. I have learned a hell of a lot from you guys though. I can tell you this, I have an 85 white p-type with 130k miles, cone filter, 2.5 inch hiflow cat back exhaust system and a flowmaster muffler. I love the way it sounds. The body and all mechanicals are in great shape so I cant complain about any of that. My blue leather front seats are another story though. LOL. I have enjoyed this site immensly and only wish I could see more mkII's in the San Antonio area. Please keep up the informative posts.

#23 ·
I've been a member for 2 mnths and have posted twice, but I get on almost every day. I,ve had my Supra for about 6 mnths and I've found out how hard it is to find any aftermarket parts. Since I found this site I've bought a great short shifter from Jim and plan on purchasing more as my finances permit. I don't post much but I'm looking and learning.

#24 ·
How about this, I have never owned a supra, never rode in one, and im stationed in korea in the army. just out of curiosity i found this site and now im hooked on these cars and cant wait to get one when i get back to america. looking to build a black 7mgte. great site and good people. thanks for all the info........... :patriot:

#25 ·
Fray said:
I also read alot, don't post much.
exactly. i've been registered here for a few months, and have ~40 posts. the other day, i noticed a member who's been here for one week and has over 100 posts :shock: (not saying that there's anything wrong with that)

i love this forum and the cs.com site so much; i've accrued so much knowledge about Supras and cars in general since i've registered here. i'm really glad there's people out there who seriously enjoy Mk2 Supras, who don't treat it as just 'another automobile'. i'm an absolute Supra freak now, i want to have 'M.S.S.' come next year :wink: i go absolutely ballistic whenever i see another Mk2 out on the road; it's starting to annoy my family :twisted:

-Evan

#26 ·
NO posting...

I knwo I haven't posted much either,.. but I'm new to this forum, and I'm still finding my way around, and reading up on all the old posts so I dont double post something that's already been talked about. Plus, I'm still trying to figure out how to post pics on this thing!..lol I'm going to give it a try right now of my 3 generations on Silver Supras. A '79 MKI (look in the background) an '86 MKII, and an '87 turbo MKIII. I hope it turns out. Man I love Silver. :D

Scotty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.