Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

ahhhhhhh........boost.

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  CJSREDPRA 
#1 ·
Now that my wastegate issue has been resolved, I'm back to enjoying the feeling and sounds of boost....with a Mk2 candy coating. :D

Preliminary dyno with the MAF, stock boost, and base timing 7-8degrees (forgot to set it back to stock) put me at 199.6rwhp. Tomorrow I'm gonna try to get in another dyno session to compare the MAF to stock AFM, and put the timing back to stock 10deg.

Assuming all will be well running the stock AFM, I'll be ditching the MAF. The idea certainly SEEMED like a good one, but in practice I just don't feel smooth throttle transitions are gonna happen, and any choppiness to the daily driveability just isn't tolerable to me.

Nonetheless, the car feels more like it should, and I'm going to enjoy it for a while before moving on to 7m territory. I've got a 30% aerobatic R/C plane waiting for me to finish, and this looks to be a good time to get on it. (must-resist-obsessive-supra-tendencies)

#3 ·
Split Second MAF conversion. There was a GP on the Yahoo list earlier this year. Jason's 85 was the test vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.