Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

84 Toyota Supra + Eaton M90 Supercharger

5K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  rsdeo 
#1 ·
Needs work, but that's why I bought the car. A project car :) Runs smooth, no engine ticking at all. I traded a headunit from one of my other cars for this. Not a bad deal IMO. Today will consist of building mounting brackets for the supercharger. 12 second race supra is coming real soon! :twisted:

Front Side:

Interior + GF's Leg:

Engine Bay:

And here is the good stuff :)

And my GF raping the good stuff:

[/img]

See less See more
#5 ·
Me thinks it's still a 84. Crappy pictures/shadows of the front nose does not help.

Got any better pictures of the nose???

#10 ·
well, its not an 82 header panel...

the air dam does look a bit shorter than the usual 84 issue, but from what i can see (ultra brightness, and about 5 filters applied to the image) its an 84 bumper.

#13 ·
Um, it's an '84. Looks just like mine. that's the 82-84 spoiler, 84-86 steering wheel, 82-84 P-type gauge cluster, bigger 84-86 washer fluid resivor, 84 P-type headlight washers, and the list goes on. And on.

If it's an 82-83, he'd have to replace all of that stuff plus more.
If it's an 85-86, he's have to replace the gague cluster, front bumper and spoiler.
BUT, if it's an 84, he would only have to replace the front bumper and turn signals (if indeed they don't wrap around).

There's soooo much confusion it seems on what stuff came with what years. But I gotta tell ya, the '84's have ALL the fun stuff, IMHO :)

#14 ·
raven said:
Um, it's an '84. Looks just like mine. that's the 82-84 spoiler, 84-86 steering wheel, 82-84 P-type gauge cluster, bigger 84-86 washer fluid resivor, 84 P-type headlight washers, and the list goes on. And on.

If it's an 82-83, he'd have to replace all of that stuff plus more.
If it's an 85-86, he's have to replace the gague cluster, front bumper and spoiler.
BUT, if it's an 84, he would only have to replace the front bumper and turn signals (if indeed they don't wrap around).

There's soooo much confusion it seems on what stuff came with what years. But I gotta tell ya, the '84's have ALL the fun stuff, IMHO :)
It better be an 84. VIN + title + carfax all say 1984 :p

#15 ·
I understand what you are saying about the car and the '84 interior parts and the possible changes.

My '83 had the large washer tank as my '84 and '85, I still have it stored in the garage.

I noticed that all analogue gauges here in Canada from '82 to '86 had the same look.

What I noticed was that the corner light did not wrap around the bumper (but there was no side marker light on the black strip which an '82 to '83 had) and the spoiler has no lip at the bottom which was '82 and '83 only. The '84 had a lip on the front spoiler.

See the cars I have owned on my web site and you will notice the front end differences.

Just what I noticed.

#16 ·
your 83 had a bigger washer tank? Did it come with headlight washers, too? I didn't think they came with them.... may have to re-do my facts now.

Yeah, what IS up with your front bumper? I can't tell about the lights (much too lazy for photoshop, too) but that lower section of the bumper looks decidedly 82-83.

Oh, I get it... I read "spoiler" instead of "front spoiler".... thought I was sposed to have some kinda weird lip on the hatch, lol

But seriously rsdeo, I'm curious if your 83 has the headlamp washers...

#17 ·
US Spec MKII's....

All 82's don't have headlight washers.

All 83 - 86 P-Type's have headlight washers.

All 82 - 85 L-Type's don't have headlight washers.

More headlight washer triva crap...

JDM MKI CelicaXX's got headlight washers (Pictures in 3rd Supra issue of HyperRev confirms this).

MKIII's in the US only got headlight washers from 86.5 - 88, assuming that they got the Sport Package Option. Canadian MKIII's got them all the way from 86.5 - 92 (besides the optional seat warmers (lucky bastards)).

MKIV's that "at least" went to the UK got headlight washers. Have not seen anyone else that has them.

#18 ·
Chris, my old 82 came with headlight washers, not 100 percent if they were original but I'm thinking they were. That car was weird though, it also came with a power antenna, yet had the wire that ran from the firewall to the stereo for the windshield antenna.

I'm telling you, 84s are weird. I've seen multiple 84s up here that had the old style turn signals.

#20 ·
heyyyyy !!!!!!!!! what about the supercharger ?????? did you installed in your MKII ?

i am really interested in doing it . . . if you havent, I might be the first one that will do it . . .(that I know) :D . . .

but if you did a great help for me it would be :wink:

#21 ·
raven said:
your 83 had a bigger washer tank? Did it come with headlight washers, too? I didn't think they came with them.... may have to re-do my facts now.

Yeah, what IS up with your front bumper? I can't tell about the lights (much too lazy for photoshop, too) but that lower section of the bumper looks decidedly 82-83.

Oh, I get it... I read "spoiler" instead of "front spoiler".... thought I was sposed to have some kinda weird lip on the hatch, lol

But seriously rsdeo, I'm curious if your 83 has the headlamp washers...
Yes it did, please everyone check out the pictures on my site. I don't have the sales brouchures from all the years, but I did own all the cars in the mid to late '80s through to the '90s and they are all in original condition in the pictures. The only brochure I do have is for the '85 year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.