Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Test N Tune 8/1/07

4K views 34 replies 9 participants last post by  rabidchimp.com 
#1 ·
Taking the car to Pacific Raceways on Wed night the 1st. Gotta get a few runs in before the Nationals so I don't look like a complete idiot w/ the new setup. Anyone else going?

#4 ·
Hah! Not going to make any predictions but i'd like to have your ET - donno if my car can match that MPH, however.:(

Geicocaveman, maybe some other time. As of right now, I'm the only one allowed to put my car into the wall.:D Besides, you gotta get registered just to make a pass.:weaksauce

#5 ·
Considering it, if I get the Rad. changed, and head re-torqued and the exhaust gas test comes clean.

<----Already paying for slapping a quick beater engine together for summer.

Wade, you were right, bogs like a mofo off the line, at least the few times I've had opportunity to PB it. Need a line lock, and may have to put that loose converter in her yet. Can't do a PB burnout, BBK holds too well.

#9 ·
This being broke shit sucks big time ...... Need to rob a convenience store or somehing :(

I'd really like to find out how much of a dog my P.O.S. is, outta the hole, so I can remedy the issue. Tough to find anyplace up north to practice a launch, and the wife seems to "just happen" to have something else for me to do, in 1/8th mile nights. Worse yet, she doesn't even try, just happens.

#14 ·
Wade's car just sounds so nasty going down the track. The 13.2 run was just great! I can't imagine trying to launch that monster.

Another Mk2 was there, primer black and covered with stickers. Best run I saw was 14.6, running a n/a 5M, car was gutted. They said they've hit a 14.2 before and were trying to break into the 13s with it.

#16 ·
Dirty Sanchez Racing-Guys had a toyota van for a pit mobile-hope they are there tonight! Ill be goin over bout an hour from now.

#17 ·
season is wrapping up-Test and Tunes tomorrow, the 24th, and Wed the 29th. Also, IDRA sanctioned race Next Friday, open tune from 4-7ish. Anybody?

#19 ·
We can still run the 1/8th on 9/7 and 9/28 .... I know it's not the same, but at least we can play with R/T's and launches. I'm thinking of taking the L just to see how crappy it really launches without a line lock .... even if it smokes like hell ;)

#25 ·
I'm sure he'll post it soon enough, his driver's front tire decided that it no longer wanted to be part of the car... so it and the rim left the car in a hurry, destroying the driver's fender and flare.

#30 ·
Best rt.030, best 60 2.0, best et 14.25, best trap speed 102.5, all personal bests with this car. New 6 puck makes clutch drop impossible with current soft rear end, so leaving at 2 grand produced best results. Only 8 runs, lot more cars there. For you car freaks, there was a Dodge Cummins Turbodiesel powered dragster, a 1972 XKE, with full pro stock chassis underneath, a 67 GTX, And then there was some cool cars, also!

#33 ·
Got the Draglite 15x9s and Hoosiers on this afternoon then drove to the track. I can't believe they fit!

Got 4-5 runs and was semi dissapointed to hit 12s but that's it. Never ran DRs before so this was a new experience for me. The Les Swab guy put 36psi in the tires and they're supposed to be at 15ish IIRC.. Best E/T 12.47 @ 117 w/ a 2.1 60' and also got a 12.7 and a few 12.8s. The clutch seems to be slipping from 2-3 gear and worse from 3-4th. Time for a six-puck. Also turned up the boost to %49 wastegate, up 5 from last time but no more MPH. This %10 wastegate over my dyno run! Might be time for a bigger turbo.

Need waaay more seat time with this thing.

Working on the vids.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.