Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

36-1 is a go!

6K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  cheappower82 
#1 ·
I had troubles with the *error daughterboard since I've bought it, and now I realize it's user error. I was getting false triggers when the ign sw was on, but now I know why. You HAVE to change the spark settings on before powering up the daughterboard with the VR wires installed. Now it's all good (well almost). It started and purred like a horny cat.

A little background:

I was running a v2.2 board, MSD6A box, Accel coil, triggering from dizzy to HEI conditioner running in distributor mode in spark settings.
Now I've moved the VR wires from the distributor to the Ford EDIS sensor, bypassed the HEI, now to the *error daughterboard, using wheel decoder mode in spark settings.

I have a few things to clean up: installation of the daughterboard, resoldering, closing the gap on the VR sensor to wheel. But this has been a long battle, when it all could have been resolved in minutes.

Now we're ready for wasted spark using 7mgte coilpacks, edis coilpacks, GM coilpacks, DSM coilpacks, or whatever I want.

Here's some pics:

See less See more
#2 ·
Got any spare brackets....

#3 ·
Hope you don't have AC!

As you can see, I used two pieces of angle, one steel/one aluminum. I just happened to have them laying around. I trimmed the steel angle so the bolts could be reached with a wrench. After it's drilled and bolted into place, I clamped the other angle in place (it's alot easier when the engine is out or radiator removed).

#4 ·
Interesting fact: you CAN get the gap too close between the VR and the wheel. Resulted in trigger break-up around 4200 (scary backfiring). I opened the gap for smoother ignition triggering.

I'll get a measurement on my final gap; worked great at the dyno!

#5 ·
that's great progress. We decided to go back to M power for NW RACER. We have a crap load of stuff now. We will be running a CT26 and spray with my AEM and the ITBs. I can't wait to start on the manifold specs.

I'll pay attention to what I can share as we get the 8.8 in. Aaro and I were a shop getting a quote for the manifold welding and the were tubbin' out and back-halvin' a 64 Cuda

#6 ·
glad to see you using the trigger wheel, and that gives me a good idea of how to mount my vr sensor. lol. and please tell us the gap, thats one thing i forgot to do research on is what the gap should be.

#8 ·
i am keeping ac. id trim the first peice of angle and turn it around the otherway away from the bracket. just make sure you clearance it for the belt. if i get to do mine anytime soon ill take lots of pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.