Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

HKS pays homage to the Mk II?

4K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  dohc82 
#1 ·
I saw this pic, and couldn't help but think that maybe someone is finally trying to give the Mk IV some ties to it's roots?

Check this out!

#3 ·
Your talking about the upper visor? I think that is a Toyota dealer accessory in Japan for MkIVs. I know Toyota had a cool clear smoked one for Mk3s in Japan.

#7 ·
No that's not the car. I have seen a pic MkIV that was doctored to look like a MkII. It had the '85 style rear spoilers that looked very close to the orginals retrofitted to a MkIV. It also had a SUPRA sticker on the hatch that had the same size/fonts as '84+. There were also some other things that were done to that car that reflected the sprit of the MkII.

There was once a thread about this car on SF being the ugliest MkIV ever or something. Something about mixing the MkIV and MkII doess't seem right IMHO. I'll see if I can locate that pic.

#8 ·
I saw an IS 300 with a Spoiler at the top of the window the other day, and I swear, it looked like someone had take one off of a Mk II and shrunk it. It was maybe 4" wide, and the "pillars" on the ends that connected it to the body were about 3" high.. was very cool, and the first I had ever seen..

#11 ·
Supra GTR said:
Looks more like an '82-'85 Celica than Supra from the front. Personally, I don't think it looks bad (I've seen much worse), but I wouldn't pick it to win any best in show awards, either.

Hmmmn, if I wanted to make this look more like a MK II, I'd give it hidden headlights (as pop-ups would be too challenging), and a hood bulge mimicing the MK II's.

#12 ·
Get rid of the eyelids and those wierd rear window covers. Paint it a color other than yellow (how about black?) and you'd have a nice-looking car IMO. ...oh, and change the wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.