Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

FS: 1986 p-type 5m/7m hybrid (MN)

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Road Ripper 
#1 ·
Just trying to see what she will go for. i dont NEED to sell it, and really could care less if you said no either way. NO tire kickers, or bsing... you know what a mk2 supra is if your on this site. paint is pretty good... there is almost no rust. one little tiny hole right behind the mudflap thing on the pas side. ill take pics of ANYTHING you want.

101,xxx miles

THE GOOD:
Brand new oil pump
bearings
rings
great intereior one minor rip, the radio is blah and missing a panel.
15 in Prime wheels
87 7m-gte block
will come with extra 5m head and mislanius parts
body is clean minus stated smalll small rust spot

THE BAD:
-leakin oil... but runs just fine... always good oil pressure (im paranoid about oil pressure)
-grinds a little in 2nd
-when she idles in nuetral she makes a wierd noise... sounds like clutch.
-could use a new clutch...

$2200 FIRM - that is the lowest i can go, to pay off the rest of my loan.

No lowballers, dont like it? well dont worrie about it cause its not your car!:kekekegay

PICS:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2998897

there are alot there, if there is something specific let me know.

thanks
Rich

See less See more
#3 ·
oil pan... im going to pulll the motor today and redo the seals.

i also have a few 7m-gte parts such as:
7m-gte powersteering pump
7m-gte fly wheel (needs resurfacing) for r154 tranny
7m-gte pistons
7m-gte water pump
7m-gte oil pan w/ oil return line
1 7m-gte motor mount i thing its intake side...
5 5m-ge connecting rods (1 is broke)
a/c compressor off of 5m-ge with bracket mouting to the motor. - just needs recharge (well duh)
..i think thats most of it... ask and i will look for it.

#4 ·
I think your going to have a hard sell over here. I for one would not buy a car that the engine was out together with 20yr old parts and no machine work.

-Sean

#6 · (Edited)
I'd love to get into a black Supra again, but I have to get mine fixed up and sold first. If you're not in too much of a hurry to sell, and I have a couple of months to get my car fixed up and save up some more $$, maybe things can work out. I just missed out on buying a black 82, so I'm a little bummed over that. It sounds like you still have a couple of issues to figure out, so maybe the timing could work out after all.

Just wondering, does the A/C work, or did it ever work? Also, what's with that front right fender flare? It's definately been replaced with an 82/83 flare, which doesn't match on the bottom. Was that the result of an accident or something?

#8 ·
as far as im aware there was no accident... although when this car was in IL for the beginning of its life it went through a hailstorm. it has a clean mn title tho.

the a/c compressor is sold, it would have worked just fine if she had a recharge. but with the 5m/7m hybrid i had to use the 7m-gte crank pulley so the ac has no belt to run on unless i got the 5m machined out or bought a 6m pully... same goes for the powersteering... i was debating running a short belt to the groves that would fit on the water pump, but i am worried about the strain that would have on the pump itself...

#7 ·
Did you ever get the power steering working?

#9 ·
Did you seal up the open ends of the A/C lines after removing the compressor? I did that once with electrical tape, to keep dirty air and contaminants out of it for future use. I'm thinking the A/C could be made to work again with a 7M compressor/bracket/pulley assembly.

I think the power steering would be okay if run from the water pump pulley. The pull from that belt would help to counter the pull from the alternator belt, so it should even out. I've even wondered if the 7M P/S pump could go back on the block under the water pump, and relocate the alternator above it with custom brackets. That setup would allow the alternator belt to wrap around the pulley more, eliminating the belt squeel that Tanya has.

Anyway, I know how auto loans suck. We just got our 86 2-tone paid off this spring (what a relief!). I still want a black car, and we do have the money, we just don't have a place for another car right now. We live in an apartment, and we're already pushing the rules having 3 cars here. That's why I need to buckle down and get mine fixed up and sold. Either that, or rent another garage LoL! Just wanted you to know what's up, and that I've always admired your car. :)

#10 ·
thank you road ripper :)

im trying to picture the ps pump idea you have... the belt spueal is just way to thin of a belt... give me some time and ill have the 5m pulley machined out to fit, that would take care of all the issues :)

just recently, but a brand new clutch kit is on the way, a stage one from F1 Racing... it will be here monday (im so excited!!! lol) i had my flywheel resurfaced... so its all good... just waiting for the clutch to put the motor back in

sorry for not replieing, i completely forgot this thread existed haha

#11 ·
Wow, new clutch too? I'm still interested if you're still serious about selling. I've been trying to work on my Supra as much as I can so I can sell it, but I have to get a few parts from some junkyards to finish it (a couple of p-type rims, exhaust mani/downpipe to replace header, used steering rack). My wife's stupid Grand Prix has been taking my time recently, but I am trying to get things done on my end. If you still want to sell, keep me posted. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.