Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

my 85 project

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  shifty biscuits 
#1 ·
just got my first toyota after a pretty entertaining stint in nissans. i bought it unseen off ebay for 495gbp, picked it up on an extremely cold frosty night with the help of my mate and his trailer.

first job i thought i would tackle is the scuttle panel (bit below the screen) as it was rotten at both ends

then i got all cold and went home... next time i go down the garage i'll finnish that off and paint it before i address the bottom of the front fenders. i'll take it for a mot and see what else needs doing when thats sorted.

See less See more
#4 ·
i had a go with a professional mop on the light covers and it came up nice, its gone a bit rough in places though so im thinking a full respray in black is on the cards... as for the door (passenger side over here lol) its not a different colour (intentionally) looks the laquer has gone more milky than the rest of the car for some reason. maybe its been touched up in the past.

#5 ·
lol about the passenger side, didn't notice the location..
FYI, the Super Deep Red (SDR) color code 3F2 was not a base/clear coat.
From factory, it was enamel.

#6 ·
i found some treats the other day... been crying in the corner since.

plan has now changed, gonna take a bit more than i thought to get it on the road so i got a new car and switched the insurance over until i can get all the rust sorted. i had no idea all that was lurking there. :sadsmilie:sadsmilie:sadsmilie:sadsmilie

#13 ·
i just bought another one!! same colour, same spec only this one is in good nick. £1200 and a 4 hour train ride to pick it up. i couldnt wait any longer to drive one. it was so depressing having it sitting in the garage all working, just the rust holding me back....
thinking maybe a 7m in the rusty one as i got time now...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.