Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Intake

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  SilverMk2 
#1 ·
OK, my intake hoses are really starting to show their age (especially the hose from the plenum(sp) to the TB), and it seems that flex hosing that size doesn't exist around here. Would my best bet be to get replacement hosing through Toyota (at dealership price :shock: ) or just say screw it and try to come up with the money for the rabidchimp pipe?

#3 ·
Believe me, that's what I want to hear :) ... buuut, since I need to convincre "other parites" about the wisdom of this (I just lost a roommate, so I'm going to need to borrow a little for this for about a month), I need a general guess on the OEM parts price (of course, knowing Toyota, it will be well more then the pipe)

#4 ·
I think I paid about $90 from a local dealership for the elbow right over the exhaust. If that gives you any idea as to what those rubber elbows cost :wink: . I would just go with the RC pipe. Especially if you don't need a factory pipe for smog inspections. The rubber elbow I bought is near impossible to find in uncracked or not hard as a rock condition in bone yards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.