Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Calgary Mini-Meet...here we go again :-)

3K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  Supra_devil 
#1 ·
Since we have quite a few Calgary/Southern Alberta members now I have to try this again.

Anyone interested in a Calgary area mini-meet? Nothing to formal. Maybe just meet in a parking lot and check out each other cars...possibly a short drive?

#7 ·
i got a lil round relay thing for you...

dunno if its the right one, but it was the only clear one we could find.

and yes, im up for a meet.

gonna ask, who in calgary is up for a meet in red deer?

i think i can arrange about 4-7 edmonton cars coming down, as long as we can find a mutually acceptable date.

#8 ·
Ah perfect timing, just bought my car, people can check it out, give suggestions on it, because im open to anything, and since I havent got a chance to fix it up, i know there is alot of room for mods haha. Calgary Mini would be cool, as would the red deer one. Red deer for sure a weekend though, since im sure alot of us work 40+ hours a week.

#10 ·
any time/date ideas for this calgary thing?

#13 ·
11th, 18th or 25th of april work for me, not sure about may yet.

as long as i can afford gas, im up for it whenever you guys are :)

and yeah, i got your parts in a bag wil, gonna have to get down there soon.

#17 ·
i can come, but not with the supra - right now it is in about a thousand pieces

#19 ·
how about the rustiest one?

LOL - i'll bring something cool that im putting on

i'll check this thread for updates

#21 ·
SONIC Fun Run Spring 2005 (Calgary)

I just received this via e-mail. Thought I would revive this thread and cut/paste the information here.
:)

Hello everyone.

This is the invitation for all you Supra, Lexus and Toyota owners to come out to the upcoming SONiC Spring Fun Run. This year the spring run will be on Fathers day, Sunday June 19 2005.

We will be starting the run at the same start location the surrounding parking lots of the McDonalds Restaurant @ 16 AVE NW, Calgary, AB. This is the only McDonalds just across 16 AVE N.W. from (COP) Canada Olympic Park . Come out at 10:30AM. We will leave 11:00AM sharp, we will not wait for stragglers so be there early. This run will be a two leg event on some fantastic roads for all that want to go the entire distance, or others only have time to go only half way. Come early if you want to have breakfast at MacDonald's, you will need to water the horses and don’t forget to fill up well before the start time.

We will once again also be having a car competition during this fun run. We will be having a best Fuel Economy Award competition. This event is optional for anyone who wants to enter his or her Toyota or Lexus (Echo’s & Prius will have a reasonable handicap to keep things even!) There are prizes for the winners from sponsors like, Lexus, Toyota, and RCTS Canada.

This has been in the past years and some first place winners have been unexpected, there is more to wining than meets the eye:
First Place:
Supra MA-71 Turbo (Peggy)
Lexus GS 300 (Reg Shofer)
Supra JZA-80 (Chris)

Second place has gone to:
Lexus LS 400 (Chad Bett)
Supra GTE turbo (Reg Riemer)
Toyota MR2 (Sam)

Fuel Economy Shootout

All cars that compete in the fuel economy run will fill their fuel tanks to max capacity at the Shell Station, across from COP. A Fun Run competition official will seal the tank with a sticker. After the fun run returns to the McDonalds at the end of the day all competitors will fill their fuel tanks again to see who the winner is. There will be a nice price for first, second and third place overall as well as a first place winner in each of the classes,
4 cylinder, 6 cylinder and 8 cylinder engines.

All the cars in the run will follow the lead Supra at the posted highway speed limits to the final destination. The Sonic fun run is as always a no cost event as we are a non-profit car club with no entree fee or club yearly dues.

Questions call:
Reg 1 403-259-3106

I look forward to seeing you all at the Fun Run

Best Regards

Reg Riemer

P.S.
RAIN DATE:
In the case of rain the Fun Run will be moved to the next weekend Sunday June 26

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.