Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Just F'IN great!

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  DreadyDiggs 
#1 ·
Well, tonight I plan to take my dad's truck to the shop and replace his front pads and rotors. Bout to leave now and get some brake grease.

Anyways, I'm outside messing with my car and truck as he pulls in the driveway with his Diamante (98 Mitsu Diamante 3.5 V6 FWD).

Tell me why I smelled coolant as he drove by me? He gets out and tells me it overheated, and that he had driven at least a few minutes with the needle maxed. So I open the hood and I'm looking around. SHIT IS HOT! I hear bubbling from behind the motor, but can't see anything.

Found the cause a few minutes later when I squeezed the upper rad hose, car needs a radiator. Hoping that bubbling I heard was just coolant in the block, but it definitely sounded up near the rear head.

Until tonight both of his vehicles are parked, he'll drive my Supra if he has to go anywhere.

#2 ·
make sure he pulls over IMMEDIATELY and shuts the car off if the supra starts to run hot.

good luck. hope its not too bad!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.