Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

COPS

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Andy_French 
#1 ·
Not really a kill story but a street racing story....

There's a guy that lives in my appartment complex with a probe, yellow body kit spray painted and put on with tap screwes (which are now rusted) HUGE ricer wing, fart can muffler, yellow seat covers... the works... this thing is UGLY.

Anyway he pulls up along side me at a stop light (on the same road that the police station is on mind you) and gives it a hard rev or two, at this time a cop pulls up behind me. Not being dumb enough to do anything on a road that a police station is on and definitly not dumb enough to do anything in front of the cop I dont rev back.

Cross traffics light turns yellow and he revs it up (Im thinking oh god this is going to be funny). Our light goes green and he's off spinning the tires, didnt make it across the intersection and the cop had his lights on him.

A few days later I ran into him at the mail boxes and he says "dude where the hell did that cop come from, he came out of no where" (one more reason why putting huge APC stickers on the back window of your car is a dumb idea)

#3 ·
hahahaha that's funny, I love idiots lke that, make for great entertainment

there's been a few times I've seen stuff like that 1st hand...
the most memorable being a Viper revving at a stoplight, to nobody inparticular...light turns green and the Viper is off, about 1/2 mile up the road I see the cop lights go on and start chasing the Viper...and I watch and watch and that cop never gets any closer to that Viper...I still wonder if he was ever caught

another time I was cruising down the road doing the 55mph limit, some jackass comes alongside me and keeps looking over, revving at me. My car had a BHG at the time so it was pointless to try and do anything, so this guy takes off like a bullet...about 15 seconds later a cop flies past me and flicks his lights on. I catch up to them about a mile up the road, and slow down a bit and make sure the kid sees me laughing my ass off at him
:lol:

#6 ·
had a few things like that happen on the motorbike, once i was heading out of town, driving down the highway and a lambo countach (yes, a real one) pulls along side me and seemed to want to have a go.
back then, my bike was very not stock, and it was damn fast, but i had a weird feeling, so i decline and wave him on.

this white beast kinda hunkers down and takes off, and after a while i speed up to about 120mph to "make time" and i catch up to the white lambo again, so he decides to keep up.

as we pass an onramp i see lights flashing and i pull over towards the shoulder while the lambo drops the pedal.

the pursuit car never did catch him, but the spike belt they laid out a couple miles down the road did.

#7 ·
holy crap Dogstar! ouch, LOL that must have sucked for his $1,000+tires
:oops:

not really a kill story, but I got to see a police chase one night.
We were following my friends 85 SDR down the road ( a big 6 lane major road ) and I was thinking it was funny that the other side of the road was kinda empty, no traffic... I look up ahead, and WAYYYY up the road I see all these lights. we keep driving, and there's this one police SUV sitting in the median, the officer gets out with this big roll of something and walks into the middle of the road. before I know it, I see this car come flying up the road, leaving a huge trail of sparks coming from one if its rear wheels. The cop had laid out a spike strip and the Sebring ran it over, almost spinning out and kept going, followed by at least 30 police cruisers, all doing about 60-70mph. We get into our turn lane, and I poke my head out the window and yell "holy crap Dustin did you see that???"
My friend in his mk2 in front of us looked back with this bewildered "OMFG" look on his face...I was like, damn, that's something you seel on TV! COOL!
It was in the paper the next day, some kid stole this car at the mall, and he would not have been caught if for the fact he didn't go bumping the music so loudly. A cop wanted to pull him over for a noise citation and he ran, getting chased for about 10 miles before finally wrecking in a construction site...no one was hurt btw

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.