Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Michelin Tires

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  supra_toy 
#1 ·
Man they are pretty nice, i ordered a set off tirerack.com for my dads car and installed them today...wow, pretty nice tire for cruising...His wheels were disgusting however on the bead. I beleive the tires that were on there, have been on over 10 years....very crazy. I had to take an angle grinder with one of those rubber/plastic attachments to get it all off, then mount the wheels and i cleaned em up, i wish it was light out so i could show you all... but wow.

Its also great living so close to a tire rack warehouse. They are one state away in indiana, but i got the tires in 2 days from the order date...wow, superfast...just thought i'd post my experience, great tires...woo hoo.

#2 ·
What did you get???? The Pilot XGT H4's????? Stock size???

#3 ·
Speaking of which....I need to order some tires as well. Tire rack only has 3 models in the stock size - the Michelins, BF Goodrich Radial T/A and Yoko Avid ST. No more Summitomos that I could see....

The chioces they be a dwindling.... :x

#4 ·
www.vulcantire.com

Falken Zeix 225/60-14

$210 shipped to my door.

...why anyone would pay so much for the pilots is beyond me...

I'm presonally sad to see the sumitos go though, seemed to be the only cost-effective option for stock sizes, aside from the falkens. I refuse to stick BF goodrich, Firestone, or those pickup truck tires on my car... ...as far as the pilots go... a full set of race stickies is only slightly more...

--BillyM

#5 ·
I have the michelins on the car now and like the way they drive (wet and dry roads). They have also worn pretty well. However, I used to like the ballon look of them but now I think they are a little too big & bulbous for the car. And $100 each is a bit steep (although way less than the tires on my VW which are $170 each...yikes).

I'm looking for good dry weather traction - how good are the Falkens???

#6 ·
Took Billy's advice and got the Falken 512 Ziex and found them to be very good but i went from stock to 16" (225/50VR/16) wheels. I had pilots (60SR) on the stock front wheels but there's no way to compare the different wheel sizes. The 16's should be and are much better. I could feel the sidewalls flex a lot on the stocks but barely on the 16's.

#10 ·
I don't know if they come in the size you are talking about but my 205/50/15 Kumho Supra Ecsta 712's from Americas Tire Co ran 380 mounted balanced and installed I know they sell them on tirerack.com They are incredible tires only complaint that shows up frequently on their board is loud tire noise and I certainly don't have that. For a summer performance tire they do incredibly well in the rain. Worthless in the snow (DER!) Highly reccomended by the way the ones I have are V rated.

#12 ·
before u buy tires, seriously think about getting in on the 17" wheel group buy going on now. There's gonna be a lotta improvement in handling due to less sidewall flexing. i had addcos, LJM strut bar and homemade rear seatlatch bar and all else stock and the tire flex was the limiting factor.

#14 ·
Phil G. said:
I have the michelins on the car now and like the way they drive (wet and dry roads). They have also worn pretty well. However, I used to like the ballon look of them but now I think they are a little too big & bulbous for the car. And $100 each is a bit steep (although way less than the tires on my VW which are $170 each...yikes).

I'm looking for good dry weather traction - how good are the Falkens???
You, my friend, are a LOSER!

Jut get the Pilots before you F up the car some more. :mad:

#15 ·
no more sumitomos?!?! f'n crap...

will

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.