Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

One of the Cylinders near the end?

824 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Angkistrodon 
#1 ·
I had to adjust My clutch pedal all the way out today to keep it from engaging ~ 1/4 inch off the floor. I figured something is on its way out.
I'm eager to replace something....what could it be?

I think one of the cylinders is leaking due to the fact I need to top off the fluid slightly every other week.

#2 ·
well you can do a few things to make sure......

check the firewall on the outside by the master cylinder if you see any signs of leaking thats what you should replace, also check inside the car up by where the master cylinder comes through the firewall, a lot of times the master cylinder will leak on the inside, not the outside. Then jack up the car, crawl under it and inpect the slave cylinder which is on the drivers side of the transmission near the front....also check the rubber hose that goes from the line to the slave cylinder....if you got a leak its one of those 3 things and is most likely your slave cylinder.

#3 ·
Angkistrodon said:
I think one of the cylinders is leaking due to the fact I need to top off the fluid slightly every other week.
Ya think ! :?
Any goo on the carpet up under the dash ???
Any goo on the driveway ???
If you're dying to replace something, start from the master and work your way back all the way to fork clips. Without clutch, under 300 bucks.
If you're staying stock 5m just go with a NAPA or equiv.

#4 ·
NO there is not any goo under the dash other than the greese on the shaft the pedal is attached to.

My problem was the clutch was catching ~ 1/4 inch off the floor. I had to adjust the shaft " or rod, the thing the pedal pushes" all the way back in order to smthly shift gears with no resistence. I figured something is need a replacement. I'll check the cylinders this week.

#5 ·
Replaced the Slave today...$20.00 not bad. No real change noted.....although the fluid that leaked out was brown.....Ugh.
So I Bled it clean with new fluid.......

Might have to move on to the master.......60.00.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.