Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Lower Mainland BC Corolla/Celica Supra cruise, June 26th

3K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  SupraFiend 
#1 ·
Hey guys, its time for another little meet. On June 26th we're doing a little cruise through some of the lower mainlands more interesting, lesser known roads. We're meeting up at the Save On parking lot in Mission (north of Abbotsford) at 10:00am. Be there early as we're leaving right at 10. Save on is in "The Junction". The complex with Canadian Tire & Silver City, its hard to miss. If you take the #1 take the Mission/Sumas exit when you get into Abbotsford and follow the signs to Mission. You'll see "The Junction" when you cross the bridge. If you take Lougheed Turn right on the #11 highway when you get into mission and then take the first exit and that will take you to.... "The Junction".

We'll be cruising all over. Roughly the route is as follows...

- Leave Mission Save On Foods at 10 am
- head east to Harrison Lake
- hang out for a bit and visit
- cruise to Hope have lunch
- cruise to Cultus Lake
- hang out for a bit and visit
- go our seprate ways..home

This is a Dorikaze cruise, a group we've done many meets with over the years. Look for the mk2s and AE86s in the Save On lot on Saturdady. I hope to see a bunch of you out there!

-Seamus

See less See more
#3 ·
yah dosnt look like I can make it either :x I can't afford to miss my 8 hour shift that day so it looks like I'm stuck at work :x But my dad might go with his 87 cressida, i'm not sure about that though.

PS. Seamus I really liked the meets you set up last year, especially b/c they were on sundays (no work).

#4 ·
yeah I never do meets on saturdays. I didn't set this one up, but I'm too busy planning the mother of all supra meets for August with a few other guys right now and everything else is too nuts in my life that I don't have time to set one up anytime soon. But this will be fun for those that can make it, theres some awesome roads where we're going and some great photo opertunities.

#5 ·
hey seamus it looks like i might be able to make it now 8) it looks like its gonna be sweeet. and its in my neck of the woods too :p

#8 ·
I'm going to try to make this one. The car isn't in top physical shape, but is mechanically sound. I may be going to Cranbrook on the 22nd or 23rd. If so, I'll see about working the meet into my return schedule.

On the note of Hwy 7. It kicks ass. Highway 1 from Chilliwack to Vancouver sucks. It sucks ass. They've been wasting tax dollars taking out the interesting sections. The corners are boring and there's too much straight. The section between Hope and Chilliwack is still quite nice. The Lougheed on the other hand is awesome from downtown Van all the way to Hope.

At any rate. cartman, I'm guessing you live in Abbotsford or Chilliwack? I was in the 'wack this afternoon. Pilfering parts from a blue Celica and a few Cressidas at Pick-a-part. Got a neck tan in the process.

#9 ·
phrax, yes i live in chilliwack. Where did you find the blue celica?? or was it a newer one?? did you see that marron 85 cressida in there? me and my dad were trying to get the windsheild out of the cressida so it could replace my dads broken one. haha we kinda broke the windshield trying to get it out( my dad isnt very patient). too bad they dont have and supras there. :x

#11 ·
> ...blue celica??
I believe it was 4 isles over from the right. About.. 5 cars in on the Left hand side of the isle.

> ...was it a newer one??
I believe it was an 84. If anyone wants 2 Good looking doors, they are in great shape!

> ...did you see that marron 85 cressida in there?
Hmmm.. There were a few, but I wasn't paying attention to the colour.

> ...haha we kinda broke the windshield trying to get it out (my dad isnt very patient).
Hahah.. I have friends like that. Thankfully they don't work on cars.

> ...too bad they dont have and supras there.
Ya. It sort of depends on what you are looking for. Engine stuff, Cressidas are great. Some body/interior stuff, Celicas are good. Since I don't live out there any more, I take the chance going out to find parts and possibly not finding any. But it's still one of the best places for parts.

-nils :)

#12 ·
No way I could make that in time from the Ferries. Guess I'll have to wait till the next one. Need some local victoria meets. =)

#15 ·
Village said:
No way I could make that in time from the Ferries. Guess I'll have to wait till the next one. Need some local victoria meets. =)
Well there is a 7 ferry from Victoria. It would be tight but its possible. You should land here about 8:40ish then, and I regularly do the run from twassessen to mission in about an hour & 15 minutes. Mind you thats on a special route and some crazy speeds, but I could describe the route to you before hand if you wanted to try it. We would wait for you if we knew for sure that you were coming. Also, if you want to come the evening before you can crash on my couch if you like. Unless Slip fights you for it, he's afraid of sleeping in the basement for some reason :p

#16 ·
SupraFiend said:
Village said:
Well there is a 7 ferry from Victoria. It would be tight but its possible. You should land here about 8:40ish then, and I regularly do the run from twassessen to mission in about an hour & 15 minutes. Mind you thats on a special route and some crazy speeds, but I could describe the route to you before hand if you wanted to try it. We would wait for you if we knew for sure that you were coming. Also, if you want to come the evening before you can crash on my couch if you like. Unless Slip fights you for it, he's afraid of sleeping in the basement for some reason :p
THERE ARE CAT GHOSTS DOWN THERE!

#18 ·
As long as I hauled ass I suppose I could make it. Used to live in Abbotsford so I know that area alright. Been a few years since I was their though....

Ugh.. It's the girlfriends birthday that day, almost forgot about that. It coulda been bad!! hmm

#22 ·
Dinna make it! :(

So ya, I was in Cranbrook during the Drive. Poo.

So how was it??

On a different note, If anyone has the chance to drive the #3 highway for any length of time, make sure you have lots of gas and good music. That highway kicks some serious ass.

#23 ·
Turned out great, too bad 2 of our members showed up just minutes too late and missed out. I'll post my pics tonight hopefully. We set a new record on this cruise, 5 complaints to the police this time! Luckily I was able to talk our way out of it when they approached us in Harrison :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.