#1 ·
Hey guys and gals. I have this notion I've wanted to try for a long
time - to get a group of Toyotas, perhaps not just Supras, to get
together and show up at an already established local car show. We could
all park together in a group and have sort of a Toyota "corral". I'd
obviously like to get supras of all generations and also especially some
of the mr2 folks b/c I know there's some really fine examples locally. I've
also got some contacts in the local Landcruisers and might coax a couple
out. If anybody knows anybody with old classic 4-runners or celicas in the area that represent well, that would be awsome too. My goal here is not only to mingle with fellow Toyota enthusiasts, but also to introduce the
muscle, antique and rice-car people to Toyota's long heritage. More people should realize that Toyota made cars and trucks worth collecting and restoring.

The date and place I propose is Saturday, September 18th, North Hills
Mall in North Richland Hills, Tx. Its sponsored by Christian Classic
Cruisers but don't let any religious affiliation fool you, its one of
the biggest monthly cruise nites in the metroplex and they dont make any attempts to evangelize anyone. That gives us two months to plan. Its one of the last events of the summer car show season. This event runs from 5pm to 9pm in the evening with trophy presentations around 8 - 8:30 time frame. That gives you the whole Saturday to spit-shine and its a little cooler by evening. If you know local owners who aren't on this forum that would like to come represent, then please pass this along to them. What do y'all think? Who would bring their car? Anyone want to come from out of town, we could make a weekend of it.

Phil D.

P.S. There is a remote possibility I could coax a friend of mine with
Toyota racing connections to bring out a very "rare" Supra that hasn't
been shown to the public in 20 years. No promises, its in a large
private collection in Dallas and I don't know how the owner feels about
showing it but if in a couple weeks it looks like I can promise a decent
turnout, then I will ask.

See less See more
#2 ·
Well Phil that sounds like a good idea. Unfortunatly the Supra is still far away and still a future project. Sorry I don't get here to much, to many projects and work won't even let me have a day off :mad: Anyway I will be at motorsports ranch that day, but I should be able to stop by on the way home.

#3 ·
I've got several mk3s and mk4s intent on coming and of course my own mk2. We need more mk2 representation. I know I already own nearly all the mk2s in the DFW area :wink: but if anybody wants to come from out of town, we can plan on making a weekend event of it.

Phil D.

#4 ·
sorry i just saw this... ill be there if the 6mge is in by then... 5m took a crap on me...

-Daniel

btw if any of you dfw guys need help my friuend has a 3 bay garage to work in with every air tool/ tool you can think of almost and is about to put a lift in it so just let me know!

#5 ·
Excellent! If you need any help or pointers, I've done that swap a few times. Gotta make sure you are done in time.

BTW, I sure would love to have more mk2s. There are a plethora of mk3s and mk4s intent on coming but for mk2 content, its me for sure, feverishly working to have Kieth A's killer mint black 85 put back together by then, Preston B possibly, Don D. probably and thats it so far. Some others have contacted me saying their cars aren't show quality or aren't finished but thats OK. Bring it in primer - they have a "best work in progress" trophy too. Come on guys and gals. I know there are a handful of DFW area "lurkers" on this forum that need to get involved.

:dj_smile:

Phil D.

#6 ·
we should have a meet every tues night about 8:30-10 or 11pm in the kroger parking lot at harwood and main st in euless. there is already a meet there at the same time and they have a signed paper saying they can be there plus we could take it over :twisted: i already attend and theres nothing really good that goes i just like to tear up all the rice when they leave.... post your thoughts...

BTW pdupler you wanted rear blue leather seats right? i read in a previous post... are you still in need of those im selling mine in almost mint condition. and i really dont want to ship them so if you want them let me know.

#7 ·
Don't get over that way except about one Saturday a month I have to get my fix of ribs at North Main BBQ (yeah I got that bent/leaning seat frame thing goin on :wink: ) Anyways, I got a whole 82 blue cloth interior from Bob Shapton earlier this year thats now in my 84 (cept I still need some 82-83 striped door panels) and the blue 85 is now painted black and awaiting installation of a mint maroon leather interior. So no, I don't need any blue seats anymore but thanks for thinking of me. If nobody will take them and you don't want to toss them, I think I could stash them on a top shelf in my shop until somebody needs them. Thats where I've got my third row seats from my landcruiser and come to think of it, its not an ideal spot. I think I'll post a question about long-term storage of leather in another section.

Phil D.

#8 ·
we should meet up one day i love n. main bbq, best ive had yet! and talk supras its rare to find a mark2 in this town... i saw a blue p type looked like an 85 driving the other way i was going on 121 the other day then theres a blue p type 83-84 pretty banged up the guy works at the petco at central and harwood. but yeah id love to meet you and have some bbq or something. considering im only 18 i cant go out for a beer but i love talking about these cars to other people who actually understand them if you know what i mean...

-Daniel

#9 ·
OK. Next time I hit NMBBQ I'll shoot you a message. My brother and I usually hit that place about once a month or so, usually a Saturday about 5pm before the crowd starts coming in. Anybody else in the area want to join us, just pm me and I'll shoot you a message too.

Phil

#10 ·
Meet in NRH on September 18, 2004 and Tuesday nights in Eule

Good morning. I have read a number of post, and I would like to attend both events. I have a P type 84 white basically stock, all original daily driver 2 nd owner. Can someone send me information regarding these events?
Thanks

#12 ·
pdupler said:
P.S. There is a remote possibility I could coax a friend of mine with
Toyota racing connections to bring out a very "rare" Supra that hasn't
been shown to the public in 20 years. No promises, its in a large
private collection in Dallas and I don't know how the owner feels about
showing it but if in a couple weeks it looks like I can promise a decent
turnout, then I will ask.
Must I pay attention to threads involving absolutly nothing to do with me to hear more of this, or can someone PM me/post somewhere else?
(<is lazy and will forget about this thread and topic very soon)

#13 ·
Latest news is that there have been nearly 20 supra owners of various generations respond to say they're coming (but we know realistically that probably means about 10 which would still be a nice turnout). Since a couple of peeps have indicated they may drive in from out of town, I thought perhaps to make a little bigger weekend out of it for anyone that wants to, especially mk2 peeps. A few mk2 owners have contacted saying their mk2s aren't ready for show but would like to come anyway, so everyone is welcome to come hang with us. Perhaps get here before or around lunch and we could grill burgers, hang out here at the Supra shrine, spit-polish the supras and chat till about 4:00pm when it would be time to head for the show. After the show ends at 9:00pm, we could do dinner at a local restaurant.

Phil D.

#14 ·
Phil,

If I can get the turbo up and running by then (not looking very likely at this point) I'll try to make it down for this one. I refuse to commit since the turbopra has forced me to cancel out on way too many commitments.

This little (HA) project is taking way too long and costing way too much I'm beginning to wonder if the snow will fly before I get done..... Although I did finally find a gasket that isn't leaking...... The EGR cooler gasket actually seems to have been holding. The only one on the whole engine, other than the ones that I had already replaced earlier.....but that is a whole different story.

Anyway, I'll try to be there but no promises.

Leslie

#15 ·
I'll definately try to make it! I need to check a few things . . . and hopefully my car will be completely done. :pray: So, we'll see.

-Keith

#16 ·
Yeah, Keith, you're obligated to make it after all this work or at least your Supra is :oops:. This is going to be the trophy winner right here 8)

Phil D.

#17 ·
For those of you who live in the DFW area or are planning to attend, please send me your e-mail address. I'm going to forward specific invitations with location details, etc. via e-mail since I can't PM a cc list on here and several attendees aren't on the forum anyway. Sending me your e-mail will ensure you don't get left out.

Phil D.

#20 ·
TRD_83_SupraDrifter said:
Leslie I'm sure when I say this every one is with me ""Dont give up!!!!!""

Anyway if you do plz PM for the swaybar Tabs Im willing to buy them!!!!
have a little respect and wait till he posts a thread, now. (double post too)
frustration is a pain in the ass, espcally having no money to spend on it(or a job :mad: )

#21 ·
I will be there for sure now! The car is done, just gotta finish the wheels and get an inspection! Wahoo! :D
Hey Phil, now all day Saturday we can wax and polish and detail cars! Lookin' forward to it. :3gears:

-Keith

#23 ·
I'm sending out personal invitations with my location (not posting my address on the public forum) so I still need e-mail addy's for all who wish to come for the lunch and hangout next Saturday. If I don't get your e-mail, I may miss you so PM me with e-mail so I can add you to the cc list.

We got a couple peeps even coming in from out of town so should be fun. Sorry for those that can't make it but we'll try to do it again in the spring. I know a couple of the local folks, Rick and Lindsey, have already told me they both have jobs that they have to work on Saturdays. If you can't trade shifts or take a personal day, we understand. Somebody's got to keep this ole world turning on the weekends and we appreciate everyone who has an important job to do. We'll be sure and take pictures.

Phil D.

#26 ·
PB said:
I have that Sat. off so I will be there. Coming to your place first, Phil so I can finish detailing.
PB
Sweet! Another Dallas Owner/CS.com member! Welcome and looking forward to meeting you Sat. :)

-Keith

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.