Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

[CLOSED] Coilovers GB 10 sets only! IS OVER!!!!!

7K views 53 replies 14 participants last post by  SupraFiend 
#1 ·
Ok hear is the deal 10 sets is needed to get this manufacher to start production. So this is what we have to offer $175 shipped for a set of frunt coilovers with option of 350 400 450 spring rates. The springs are 7" long.
This is what u get

The way the bottum pertch is held in place on the sleve is by a set screw that has a plastick tip to not hert the threds

Ive bean running this on my car and have had no problems

now for the install. This is your stock setup

And this is how u install the coilovers. You have one of two option you can get a preecut sleve or a full langth sleve. With the pree cut its a direct drop in as i will show. First take off the stock spring and strut then drop the new coilover sleve and botum pertch on like this.

Now if insall them this way u will loose some ajustability do the the shape of the stock bottum pertch as u can see hear

It looks better and is better to cut of the bottem pertch witch i will show u latter. So now that its on you throw the strut back in and add the spring top pertch and the stock top pertch like this

OK throw it in the car and your done

Ok now let me show u how i did mine. With the coilovers set like this the car sat at stock and i wonted it to drop about a inch or so from there so what i did was cut of the stock bottum pertch (leving the stock weld) to get the full drop from the sleave and then i removed the top pertch and only used the stock top pertch geting the car to sit just as i wont it to.

and now this is how the car sits

I went with the 450 spring and i love it but its nice and stiff. The ground Control kits come with 350 so its up to u. Now for those that would wont the 5 " sleves that uncut you will have to cut off the bottum pertch and then grined of the weld and then weld the sleve to the housing.

I have cusco camber plates and when i insalled them the car lifted about a 1/2 inch or so so those of u that have stock pillow tops should be aboul to lower the frunt more then i have it now.

Once agean this is for 10 orders only $175 shipped to the USA. Canada peeps will be $6 more do to shipping so $181. This GB will go as fast as i get 10 PADE orders.

Paymeny metheds Paypal (3% must be added if this is how u go) money order cash and thats about it if u wont to send a check contact me ( all checks must clear befor items are orderd.

I think that covers it

Dave

See less See more
#2 ·
My paypal is onedic@yahoo.com and mailing address is David Shepherd 28975 Lotusgarden Dr Canyon Country Ca 91387

The paid List
1.Charlie Yang (oldschool85) pree cut/450 springs(money receved)
2.William Mattison (HotM16) uncut / 450 springs (money receved)
3.William Mattison (HotM16) uncut / 350 springs (money receved)
4. Shaun Camantigue (skip) pree cut/450 springs (money receved)
5. William Arbour (vegasguzzi) uncut / 350 springs (money receved)
6.Peter Tebbutt (76RA24) uncut / 350 springs (money receved)
7.Preston Bocksell (PB) uncut/450 springs (money receved)
8. (rsdeo) uncut/450 springs (money order going out the 20th or so)
9. Ryan Schoffer ( Funkycheeze ) uncut / 400 springs (money recived)
10.Omar Elizalde (HCogeHC) uncut /450 springs (money recived)

Hopefully if all thing go as planed then this will be offerd to all all the time

Dave

#8 ·
The GC coil over hats are MUCH shorter than the one you posted. They are very flat. Perhaps this is why you need the 6" springs...

And FYI, when you order coil overs from Ground Control you can specifiy what spring rate you want off the bat. For their price you get their sleeves, collars and a pair of springs. Default rate being around 300#

Nick

#13 ·
I have a question

with these coilovers you have a pretty stiff front suspension but what would we or should we use in the rear?

Dave what are you using for the rear springs?

I might get these later on when I get some cash :?

#15 ·
you can order the ST springs separately (just get the rears) and then put in a stiff shock (i have a set of red konis)

that should be plenty firm, as the ST rears are linear rate

#17 ·
Okay guys... help the ignorant. I have the Eibach springs and Tokico shocks. Love the feel, height and the ride improvement. I am waiting for my cusco camber plates and I am concerned about the height increase when I add the cusco plates. To maintain the feel from the Eibachs, should I go with the 450? Will I have to cut the bottom perch off like Dave? If I go to that extreme should I go with the uncut sleeve and then weld the sleeve to the housing? Any advice is welcome.

Bill

#18 ·
its all prefrenc I went with the pree cut setup to throw this together for u guys i will probebly get a uncut set with the GB. As for the eibachs a 450 will trow your ride all out of wack you will have prograssive in back and stiff stattick up front. If u are going to keep the eibachs in back id go 350 but its up to u

Dave

#20 ·
i have gotten a cuppl Questions about the pree cut and un cut . Its the thredded sleve that is being cut. With it pree cut it will drop right on with no mods. Cuting off the stock pertch just makes it look better and u can lower the car about a 1/4 inch more. The uncut sleve is 5" long so u will have to cut off the stock pertch and grined down the weld to slide the sleve on and then u will have to weld it in place.The bonus of the uncut is then u can lower the car as low as u like (car cant move car to low) as with the preecut is more limited do to stock pertch location. The sleve is made of steal.

Dave

#26 ·
ok, ok im in for a set, uncut, with 400# springs

however, if possible (and i am willing to pay extra for this), i would like to get an extra set of adjust collars so i can tighten them against each other instead of using the set screw (even though it has a plastic cap)

the threaded parts (that i will leave uncut) are steel, right?

LMK about the extra cost for another set of those adjustment 'nuts', and i will paypal you the funds

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.