Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoughts On No Mor Friction

14K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  SupraFiend 
#1 ·
I want to know if anyone has used a product called no mor friction. I have used it a couple of years. My experience was a life saver. I bought it and put some n a few years ago in my 86 toyota tercel. I work as a traveling nurse in nebraska. I was 220 miles from home, I checked my oil before I left for home and added some oil, and I then drove home 45 miles to the interstate and then 175 miles on the I-80 @ 75mph. The next morning went out to my car and there was this what I thought was sap all over the sides, the front on the bumper. I thought the tree exploded. I touched the stuff and it was oil. I quickly opened the hood and seen that the oil cap wasn't on there. I pulled the dipstick and not a drop on there. I put 3 qrts and it brought it just past add. I said a prayer and started my car. Sounded just like the day before. No noise no knocking nothing. My mechanic said I that I blew most of my oil out after a few miles. I am glad to say that was 100k ago and my tercel is still going. I know it was from the no mor friction that I put in. I use in all my cars. it sells for 25 a pint and well worth it. Has anyone used it before? Your thoughts

#3 ·
well im glad to hear that your car didnt stall during your drive on the freeway in the middle of no where, cuz then that would really suck...

#4 ·
know way to know if the additive you put in was the cause of your motor being saved. perhaps it would have ran for a while with no oil at all, perhaps you still had some in the pan.

I for one am not a fan of extra additivies like that. you could get too much of something, perhaps counteract another additive too. millions of dollars has been spent on research and development of oils. I say pick a quality oil and stick with it, save the $10 on that bottle of additive, step up to an even nicer oil filter (mobil 1, K&N etc.) and save the left over $5 for the next oil change.

#6 ·
I put most of these oil additives on the same plane as the tornado and those cow magnets on your fuel lines. A lot of them are just machine tool oil or ATF in a different bottle.

#8 ·
Well, heres my 2 cents worth:

About 8 years ago I had a Chevy 3/4 ton pickup with a 350 small block V-8. Rebuilt the motor, bored 0.30 over, put a cam in for pulling a trailer, etc.

After it was broken in, I treated it with Slick-50.

While a friend had it on the road out west, pulling a loaded trailer, the oil pump drive shaft sheared. The truck did not have an oil light - only a pressure gage. It was driven at least a mile past when the hydraulic lifters collapsed and started rattling. :sadsmilie

I wrote the motor off and we loaded it on a trailer and hauled it home. Pulled the oil pan. Found the sheared oil pump shaft, but NO metal or any other scary things in the oil - so let's see what happens. Put a new oil pump in it and fired it up. As soon as the lifters got oil, it smoothed out and purred!! :)

The truck has more than 40,000 miles on that motor since with NOTHING else done but regular oil changes - doesn't use oil, doesn't smoke, just runs. It's still running today! :zzzzz:

Can't speak for No Mor Friction, but I have seen with my own eyes (and ears) what Slick 50 can do.

#12 ·
Well I bought at a truck stop and seen its use in trucks and seen it put in several trucks the deal is you put a quarter on the tire and watch as if vibrates of the tire, you put in no more friction and put the quarter back on the tire and it doesn't vibrate off the tire. I have seen it done several times, I guess you just have to see it 2 believe it. No I didn't use synthetic.

#13 ·
I hate any engine aditives. I have seen 5 or 6 cars start burning oil from these "mircales in a bottle" oils. Purly from the engine additives. We tested a few on little 50cc quads and dirtbikes and all 3 start burning oil from then on. Some of the cars had less then 50k on the engines. Even that lucas aka"Pukeass oil" oil is bad for your engine. Stick to a quality oil and filter and you will be fine. Now I dont know about tranny modifiers. I wouldent use them but I have not tested them. Some did smooth the idle out but I bet it just caused some other frictions canceling out problems in other parts of the engine which may smooth the idle. Your idle should be smooth. If its not you cant just buy a mechanic in a can. We drove from tucson to phx with no oil cap and the engine was fine just sprayed out ~.5 quarts onto the hood and it leaked down to the bumper.

#14 ·
as a side note for transmissions, since they are operated by the viscosity/pressure characteristics and friction modifiers....it's very critical that the correct oil be used. I would never use a tranny additive unless it was a $500 car and a last resort.

I'd say (automatic) transmissions are more sensitive than an engine to incorrect oils.

#15 ·
Show me a major racing team which uses "No More Friction", Slick 50 or any other snake-oil additive. A team with a million-dollar budget wouldn't think twice about spending $25 on a product if it really did all the things it claims (increased engine life, more power etc). Strangely enough though, none of them use additives - just good quality engine oil which gets changed frequently. That says it all for me.

#16 ·
:mofomad: well, i drive a semi(freightliner), not a toyota, my 4 wheeler(a hyundai tiburon) sits in my driveway waiting patiently for me to visit it!!!
but i wanted to say i used the no mor friction in my rig, and the results are amazing; fuel mileage has increased slightly(about .5-1mpg), but where i see the difference is in the feel of the motor. before nmf, the truck would shake, and anything sitting on the step or inside on a flat surface would rattle onto the floor, after nmf, nothing moves.
been trucking for 10 1/2 years, with this company have put on about 650k miles in 5 years.
this stuff is good, i highly recommend it.

#17 ·
The last time i used and aditive in a car. 10 miles after on the free way both the crank seals blew at once. pull over and see a big pool of oil. This was just as you start the hill to snowquamie pass on I-90. No gas station for 13 for miles so i limp it (20mph) up the hill with the oil cap off so the presure does not build up. Put in 4 quarts and it never leak after that. So i stay away from those aditives.

#19 ·
i hate marketers there was one on yahoo answers about the tornado trying to compare it to older buick intake fins and how it speeds up the intake flow and helps the swirl the mixture. he stoped posting after i asked what happends when it hits the butter flies it goes strait again. what a joke ! as for no mor fiction im friction there is always friction even with ice so either rename it or give it to kmart to sell.

#22 ·
No-Mor-Friction Recommendation

I have used No-Mor-Friction in everything since 1990.I use a porsche 911 for business travel.and put 47,000 miles on it last year.I sample my oil and look for every sign of wear contamination,oxidation,and elasticity break down.I change my oil at 20,000 miles and have never had a sample that indicated that the oil should be changed.No-mor-friction is not a coating or layer on your parts instead it is an ion generator that causes all parts and wear contaminants to take on the same polarity.This eliminates the bonding force that causes frictional connection.Less heat is created so your oil is not being cooked and parts are not expanding.Heat related expansion increases pressure and wear.Any way I would highly recommend this stuff .www.nomorfriction.com

#23 ·
Wow, this is a car forum for people that know what they are doing with their cars. There is no way I would go from my trust in mobil one( if it's good enough for formula one it's good enough for me) to some shit called "no more friction" hell there's friction in space let alone anywhere on earth. Give us a break, and go bother some other forum, like a honda one just kidding but please do get the hell out of here.

#25 ·
yes please, and stop saying the name! Obviously this thread is showing up in search engines!

As for why this product is named what it is, is because of its magic ingrediant which is the same one every other snake oil under the sun has, teflon! Yes teflon is slippery and makes things smooth, but it does it by filling in all the small cracks and fissures. You're basiclly gunking up your engine by using this stuff. Yes you might get some short term immediate changes that seem favourable, but far too often it will cause problems down the line, including premature wear, over heating, etc. I had a really good article on stuff like this once, I should try and find the link again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.