2017 "Tail of the Dragon" - April 27-30 - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member
    Cabin booked. Looking forward to getting together with everyone again. Will try to take some extra time and travel to the Outer Banks.
    Last edited by bosco659; 09-13-2016 at 11:16 PM.
    Hidden Content

'89T MKIII
    '85 Mercedes 380SE
    '15 4Runner Ltd
    '57 VW Beetle - being restored - or at least thinking about it for 17+ years

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Maybe driving from Texas to The Dragon isn't so far or so boring as to make suicide seem like a better choice. But coast to coast definitely is. As wonderful as The Dragon just has to be, I'll only see it if I win the lottery, which isn't going to happen until I've been hit by lightning twice and lived or, Ronnie Foster comes out and gets me. I seem to remember signing something absolving him of all responsibility in my kidnapping, or something like that. It's all kind of fuzzy now. It probably was whenever I was coerced into signing whatever it is too. Hell, it probably was my idea in the first place.
    Let's see... Nebraska, 468 miles, three cornfields separated by two gas stations. It would be hard to take even if the speed limit was 200 MPH. Etcetera, etcetera. Yeah, it's nice that cereal for the whole world is grown somewhere between the two coasts. Whoopie shit. I don't need or want to see it or 99% of the rest in between ever again. When I was much younger, I did it a few times and by the second trip, it was nearly unbearable. I did it once more a few years later, but only one way. But maybe a night only road trip would be doable at a little more reasonable pace, say 125 MPH.
    Anyone know where a cheap cloaking device can be found? Didn't think so. Anyone want to donate a Ferrari that's fast enough to outrun a helicopter? Doesn't need a rear view mirror. No? How about free space for the car on a cargo plane? Nyet? Well, that still leaves Ronnie....

Lodge room booked and requested off for that weekend. Looking forward to coming back and see everyone!
    Chadrick
    Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; 2007 Tundra CrewMax TRD Supercharged; Hidden Content ; 1967 VW Beetle (Her Classic)
    Hidden Content

Just a reminder for everyone to get their lodging bookings in sooner than later - the entire resort was BOOKED SOLID by February last time...

BillyM
    White 85P - Blue/Silver 85P
    -------------------------------
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I spoke with our contact at Fontana Village and they have two other car groups signed up (Boxers and S2k's) so make sure to get your reservations in ASAP. The discounted group rates are only good until the beginning of February, but you might not have a chance to book at all if you don't call sooner than later.

Cheers,
    BillyM
    White 85P - Blue/Silver 85P
    -------------------------------
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanx for the heads up BillyM. Reservations made! Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Jeff
    Hidden Content
    "The Elusive Dream rides again"
    95' NA Lexus Pearl White - EURO Glass HID Retrofit Head Lamps

CelicaSupra.com Member Solo1Supra's Avatar
    I snagged the last regular room at the Lodge. The only room or rooms left is the "Sweetheart" room.
    Joe B.
    '85 P-Type
    '89 MK III

CelicaSupra.com Member Atl_Racer's Avatar
    Cabin is booked!
    Tommy
    86 HKS powered 6MGTE

Hope all you guys (and gals) have a lot of fun there.

Just too far to go from SoCal!

- Jim
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Jim, Next year you can can to my home and we can drive down together
    --
    tstefan
    Hidden Content

Thread Information