Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member
    Another familiar car:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Cel...-/152166100702

Toyota Celica Supra 2. 8i
    Amazing Car
    Rare L model
    Completely Original Car
    Only 36800 miles from new (checked with VOSA)
    Only 1 owner from new (Local GP)
    Purchased as a 'sunny' Sunday car 1983-2013
    Garaged all its life
    Serviced yearly regardless of cost
    bodywork sorted over the years
    The car starts and drives very well
    Everything works inc Aircon Cruse Control
    Went though last MOT with a bit of welding and a bulb (no advisories)
    Just Serviced inc new distributor and rotor arm.
    New Cambelt and Water Pump
    Complete Engine Overhall Inc Headgasket
    I have both keys and all the documents

Not Many left on the road
    Fantastic chance to acquire the lowest mileage mk2 Celica Supra in Europe
    This is not the more common 'P' model with the fiberglass arches and bad wheels this is the very special 'L' model (very rare).
    07977683531 (Nigel)
    It's a 1982 L-type (vacuum distributor), but that mileage is crazy. Bodywork seems to support it though, looks in fantastic condition. I've seen it come up for sale before a year or two ago, but it's still advertised as one-owner-from-new, so I guess it didn't sell and has been rolled into storage in the interim. At 11,995, I think it's about the right price.
    Rob - 100% British
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - 1986 White P-Type (UK model), 5M-GE, manual, digital dash, cone air filter & stainless-steel exhaust, 176HP, Beloved DD
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

I got quite a chuckle out of that magazine you sent me, Rob.

It noted how Toyotas of that era tended to "dissolve" in the English weather!

- Jim
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drjim View Post
    I got quite a chuckle out of that magazine you sent me, Rob.

It noted how Toyotas of that era tended to "dissolve" in the English weather!

- Jim
    They still do, hence why a car like that ^ is astonishing to find in the UK...
    Rob - 100% British
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - 1986 White P-Type (UK model), 5M-GE, manual, digital dash, cone air filter & stainless-steel exhaust, 176HP, Beloved DD

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Woah 150mph speedo.

The side moldings are body colored?

Along with the license plate lamps and the front bumper.

Unless these were "U.K. only", it looks like a bad repaint!

- Jim
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Poor thing: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1985-B-TOY...-/201655017456

1985 / B TOYOTA CELICA SUPRA 2.8i COUPE.

hi there and welcome to my auction for this true classic.
    this was discovered in a storage yard.
    its seen better days but after a little wipe down the car showed itself .
    the car is up for grabs and is being sold as spares or repairs.
    i have the key and can tell you that the engine turns over but not starting. maybe due to petrol?
    but if you know these cars you know theres only 16 left in the country.
    the car has a amazing registration number B500 OHN. could be worth a few quid.
    i have the key for this but no papaerwork as its a find.
    i really dont know much about it but will make a good track car or for spares.

if you require anyfurther information please contact me on = 07971 936553

delivery availible at extra cost. please send me your postcode for a price.

****OPEN TO SENSIBLE OFFERS****
    And here's me wondering why manuals are so rare in the UK. Poor thing needs to be put out of its misery
    Rob - 100% British
    Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Hilarious, the train-wreck I posted last month went for 920. I paid 686 for the black car, and that one had a chance of being put back on the road.

This one was posted today:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Cel...-/262619799305

1986 silver/blue manual in Ireland, under 100,000 miles.

Addvertising this stunning classic for a friend.
    Here we have a beautiful ,Rare,iconic,Japanese classic.
    Toyota Celica Supra 2.8i (ma61)p type.5 speed manual with a LSD .
    Ew.pas.cruise control,digital dash,original radio/cassette.unmarked 14" iron cross alloys,with 4 225/70/14 tyres covered less than 400 miles.mot to 1/6/17.
    The car has extremely low miles for a 30 year old car.only covered 73500 miles.
    And it shows in it original condition .
    The car has presence and style on the road,turning many heads everywhere it goes!.and gets loads of good comments.it has a lovely unmarked interior.the bodywork is very good with no rust or nasty rot.
    These are a very sought after Japanse 80's sports.it would make a good investment,will only go up in value.or for a collector.toyota enthusiast.only 3 others for sale on the net in the UK.at the moment.
    Bad points,stones chips on drivers wheel arch.there is a couple of paint blisters,touched up by previous owner.but not too noticeable .the 2 sill trims are missing.hard to source .may have to get them similar fabricated.
    Over all it is a good genuine car.
    Any further info needed,you can contact Michael ,tel.07783461338 ,mickjs1971@gmail.com
    The car is located in Northern Ireland,
    But shipping is not a problem.normally takes a week .approxamatly 200 to the Midlands ,further south a it more.at buyers expense.i would require your postcode for an exact quote.bank transfer,or cash on collection only.
    Thanks for looking!.
    Funny, that looks like a mark-3 steering wheel without the cruise control switches. Has to be a replacement wheel, I think all UK models had the same wheel.

The rest of the car looks excellent, no obvious mods, even has the original stereo! 3,000 is a good starting price, be interesting to see what it goes for.

Edit: went for 5,500. Good price.
    Last edited by Gargravarr; 09-19-2016 at 07:51 AM.
    Rob - 100% British
    Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member Celicasteve68's Avatar
    Hidden Content Sufferer of an incurable disease called Celica-supralitus. Also lifelong OCD ( Obesessive Cleaning Disorder ).

Hidden Content

How hard is it to import cars from US over there? The pricing seems through the roof for the amount of rust...

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    How hard is it to import cars from US over there? The pricing seems through the roof for the amount of rust...
    Not a huge amount of difficulty, and only a couple of thousand for a professional to do it (I think it can be done cheaper, but slower and more exposed). However, the UK and US models are very different, not least because you guys drive on the wrong side of the road!

There's no real problem with that, at least. LHD cars can be easily registered over here. However, there are other reasons we like our standard models - imports are subject to taxes (which can be pretty crippling), they carry an insurance premium for no real reason, and the UK models are often significantly more powerful due to our more relaxed emissions rules (at the time). There's a good 20HP difference between the US and UK 5M-GE because the UK models don't have EGR. This is why the insurance premium doesn't make sense - look at the mk4 Supra, in Japan the twin turbos had ceramic compressors and didn't make as much boost, whereas the UK models were steel and could run significantly higher power. They also had bigger brakes. Yet as soon as you tell your insurance broker it's an import, they slap a 20-30% premium on it. My mother owned a Hilux Surf import - when she asked her insurance company about adding me (with a few years' safe driving under my belt) to the policy, they laughed because of its import status. The UK cars hold their value for this reason, but are probably cheaper to run in the long-term.
    Rob - 100% British
    Hidden Content

Thread Information