UK Supra Listings - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member
    I saw the one Steve linked, as well as this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Cel...-/252554198372

We've seen this one before, I recognise the number plate - the first one I listed in this thread!

It's looking even better now than it did then, the paintwork looks great in the photos.

It seems to have only done 1,000 miles since April, which is cool. The engine bay looks fantastic, too.

Not to be confused with the toyota supra mk3, this is a very rare beast with only a handful still registered on the UK roads.

*Please read full add before contacting me *

Here we have forsale my very retro jap toyota celica supra 2.8i mk2 1985. My dad bought one brand new from the dealer and still has it to this day mothballed away with only 40k miles on the clock. I have always wanted to buy my own and 2jz swap (mk4 supra turbo engine) it and take them both to shows together. So when I seee this one come up forsale locally I couldn't believe my luck and knew I had to have it.

I have daily driven this for the last 6 months and it has never let me down. The plan was to start the project over winter but with a recent new job change I won't have the spare time on my hands anymore. So with much consideration I have decided to sell.

It has had a lot of recent new parts from me and the previous owner that I will list below.

Discs and pads all round including rear shoes for the handbrake.
    Front and rear drop links.
    X4 decent brand tyres.
    Alternator and belt.
    Oil and filter including gearbox and diff oil.
    Spark plugs, dizzy cap,rotor arm and uprated 8mm HT leads.
    Open cone air filter (oem will be supplied)
    Center section exhaust muffler box.
    Fuel filter.
    Battery with 5 years warranty.
    Thermostat and coolant.

Others parts/work and modifications worth noting.

Rear seats currently removed (will fit these back in asap)
    Cherry bomb style back box (sounds great)
    Alloys recently refurbished.
    Rocker covers sprayed red.
    Recently fully undersealed with any surface rust treated prior to this.
    After market side skirts fitted and blended into the factory body kit and wide arches.
    Dewiperd rear screen.

The car has 10 months MOT left with no advisorys and 130k miles on the clock. If you look at the mot history it explains the lack of rust this vehicle has. The last owner bought it back in 2015 as a barn find, had been dry stored for over a decade. And before the MOT online database was created. So as a result it only has the last two years of MOTs online.

The engine pulls very well and makes 168bhp from factory and is surprising good on fuel for a 2.8L straight 6 these also come with an lsd so drifting is possible. These cars only weigh around 1200kg so it doesn't hang around when you put your foot down. It gets loads of attention and turns heads wherever it goes. I have thoroughly enjoyed owning it but can't justify keeping such a big project car for me when I have no free time on my hands and a very nice honda integra type R dc5 sitting in the garage ready to be enjoyed.

The bad bits, because every 30 year old car has them.

Sunroof and boot leaks in really heavy rain.
    Recently resprayed so no dents or bodywork rust but unfortunately the wrong type of primer was used i believe so the paint has started to lift in certain areas.
    Rear diff mounts need to be replaced, I have just found a supplier for these though and will happily pass the information on to the new owner.
    The aftermarket side skirts have some small cracks on the corners in the fiberglass.
    The engine has a slight tap from cold which I believe is a partially blocked tappet but it soon goes when the engine is up to temp.
    Rear screen demister doesn't work.
    Drivers seat has some wear as does the carpet under pedals.
    Aircon doesn't work.
    Drivers widow motor is a little noisy in the down operation.

That said all electrics work and it still has the original cassette player.

If you are interested in viewing the car or would like pictures of the bad bits please contact me via Ebay and I can send some photos over what's app before you commit to driving down to view.

The car is still in daily use and won't be available to take away until Monday the 3rd of October as I will be taking it to the japshow final at santapod. The plan is to get my dad to come along with me in his own. I will update the add with some pictures of both cars together if its still available after the show for all you supra enthusiasts still reading this very long add haha.

All in all this is a very nice peace of Japanese motor history and will only go up in value as time goes on. One recently sold on ebay for double the price I'm asking so grab a bargain.

Anyone is welcome to come and view/ leave a deposit untill October 3rd when I can release the car.

Thanks for reading Billy.
    3,995 is probably a conservative price considering the one in Ireland went for 5.5k! Somebody grab this thing and give it a good home!
    Rob - 100% British
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - 1986 White P-Type (UK model), 5M-GE, manual, digital dash, cone air filter & stainless-steel exhaust, 176HP, Beloved DD
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    My god, what is it with people???

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Cel...-/322280903480

1985 Toyota Celica Supra

2.8i straight 6 manual gearbox model

I have for sale my old Supra. I have owned this car for 16 years and was used daily with no faults for years. The handling was superb and was great for learning to drift as this thing had plenty of power, with rear wheel drive. I parked it up 8 years ago and has become very unloved, and as you can see in the pics a bit green and has rot around the rear. I did put a jump pack on a couple of years ago and she fired up after a few turns over. The engine in this car was by far the best bit. Lovely and smooth with lots of grunt. I wish that I had kept using it now, but at the time I had moved on to better things.

This Celica Supra has the wide arches and is such a great looking car! The prices of these have shot up in previous years, and so have the spare parts.

I have the V5, but as you can see is probably going to be best for spares and will need trailering away. I no longer have the original wheels I am afraid.

Collection only please and payment in cash is preferred.

No reserve so grab yourself a bargain!!

HAPPY BIDDING!

Sold as seen, spares or repairs
    This, gentlemen, is why we can't have nice things. This isn't a barn find, this is bottom-of-the-frikkin'-river-find. Why would you praise this car so highly then shove it in a corner and forget about it for 8 years? When Dragon went into storage for 5 years, it was complete, in a dry garage, and when it came out it went straight onto the road without a single problem. This poor thing is probably salvageable, but the hatch, as ever, is a lost cause.

Why the hell did the guy not even pump the tyres up before getting it out of the barn?!

No wonder the manual mk2 is such a unicorn in the UK
    Rob - 100% British
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - 1986 White P-Type (UK model), 5M-GE, manual, digital dash, cone air filter & stainless-steel exhaust, 176HP, Beloved DD

In the USA, that's what we call "Rode Hard and Put Up Wet"!

Poor car deserves far better than that "owner".......
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drjim View Post
    In the USA, that's what we call "Rode Hard and Put Up Wet"!

Poor car deserves far better than that "owner".......
    Amen Jim.
    Rob - 100% British
    Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member Celicasteve68's Avatar
    Rob, Bob King's former Supra has gone astronomical in price !!! Could they really fetch that much ??
    http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C796358
    Hidden Content Sufferer of an incurable disease called Celica-supralitus. Also lifelong OCD ( Obesessive Cleaning Disorder ).

Hidden Content

That's over $25,000 US......
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Celicasteve68 View Post
    Rob, Bob King's former Supra has gone astronomical in price !!! Could they really fetch that much ??
    http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C796358
    Dayum Steve, that's the best I've seen so far! Funny thing is, Bob's car was featured in Classic Car Mart back in June, with a price tag of 8,000 iirc - Jim can probably correct me, I don't have the magazine to hand. Jumping by 10k in a few months? No argument from me though, that'll skew the secondhand market firmly in our favour!!

That's over $25,000 US......
    These cars are really starting to appreciate in value over here, especially manuals. It's an impressive amount of money, can't say for sure whether anyone will pay that much, but mk2 prices over here are definitely going in the right direction!
    Rob - 100% British
    Hidden Content

Rob-

This is the same car that was in the magazine I got from you?

- Jim
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Rob-

This is the same car that was in the magazine I got from you?

- Jim
    I can't tell for sure without seeing the license plate, but Bob's car was in spectacular condition. That said, I don't remember the metal fittings in the engine bay being bronzed. Might be worth putting the magazine and the page side by side and having a look.
    Rob - 100% British
    Hidden Content

Sure looks like the one in the magazine.

Even the hose clamps are in the same position!
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

Thread Information