FS: 1984 Supra P-type 5 speed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SOLD- FS: 1984 Supra P-type 5 speed -SOLD

I'm out of garage space, so it's time to sell my faithful Supra. List of recent parts and 20+ pics in the Craigslist ad:

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/5772019317.html
    ... and more pics here Flickr Album

$3000 OBO. Please PM me if interested. Thanks for looking.

==============================

Non-sunroof Celica Supra P-type 5 speed purchased from the original owner in 1987. Served as my daily driver until 2001, then passed to my dad, who drove it occasionally until 2013, then back to me.

Body: Original color was Maroon Metallic (379), but car was repainted in the late '90s to a slightly lighter color. Paint is still in decent shape. Exterior has small dings dents and some scratches here and there. Some rust on rear hatch (that was previously repaired and has returned) and inside door edges/bottoms and gas filler door. Exterior trim shows typical wear, rocker trim rust, deteriorated belt mouldings, etc. Headlight whiskers like new (replaced ~5 years ago). Wheels in good condition with one curb rash spot plus one on the spare. BFG T/As installed in 2010, but lots of tread and no cracking. The spare tire has tread, but it's old. Virginia State Inspection due 4/17.

Accident history includes a minor side hit just behind the passenger door in 1987 and a front end accident in 1989 (this repair included replacement of the front clip, fenders and hood).

Interior: Maroon interior shows some fade and vinyl panels have some small tears due UV wear. Dash has no cracks. Striped cloth seats are faded and the driver's side bolster is worn a bit, but no rips or tears. Lumbar bladders hold air. Carpet is in good condition. Luggage cover intact, but is faded and has some patches. All switchgear works except the rear defog is intermittent. HVAC auto temp feature clicks/hunts around, but air heats and cools. All fan speeds work. A/C works and has been converted to R134, although the compressor hums a little. Electric oil press gauge inop, manual gauge installed. Water temp gauge intermittent. It has a '90s aftermarket cassette stereo/equalizer which doesn't work very well.

Powertrain: The engine is original to the car, stock and runs well. It doesn't appear to burn any oil, and a recently replaced oil pan gasket appears to have stopped a few leaks.. no more drips on the garage floor! Compression 155-162 all around. The differential whines at constant speed and has been that way for years. The exhaust is in good shape. It has had many recent parts installed and maintenance getting it back on the road after three years of limited use. The original ECU went bad, so it took a while to figure that out. Many maint/parts replaced within last 2 years/~3000 miles (list on Craigslist ad).

Last edited by GeorgeM; 03-05-2017 at 09:08 PM. Reason: SOLD
    George
    '84 P-type

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Great sale ad - well done sir.

Best of luck and a pretty car.

BillyM
    White 85P - Blue/Silver 85P
    -------------------------------
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member discoelk's Avatar
    Nice Car. Well priced IMO.
    David H
    85 P, LS6/R154/3.58/TrueTrac etc

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraMoto's Avatar
    agreed as above

Still available.
    George
    '84 P-type

Still available.

Have had a few calls, but no one has come to see it.
    George
    '84 P-type

Price drop.
    George
    '84 P-type

Still available. Have had a few offers, but no one has come to see it.
    George
    '84 P-type

Still available, price drop to $3K OBO. As of this weekend, it now has another new radiator (the previous "new" one was leaking - good thing for lifetime warranties) and I swapped out the oil pan gasket while I was at it. That may just take care of the leaks. I'll drive it some this week and find out.

Have had a few offers, some low ball, but only one person has come by to see it.

UPDATE: No more drips on the garage floor
    Last edited by GeorgeM; 02-19-2017 at 10:24 AM.
    George
    '84 P-type

Steal of a deal for a great car. Beautiful car, GLWS! I hope it goes to a collector/adult and doesn't get abused. At this price it'll go quick. If it hasn't sold in 6 months, PM / email me rusty.tracey@gmail.com and I might buy it. I don't NEED 4 of them, but someones got to take care of them

Thread Information