Attention - Upcoming Password Changes

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Attention - Upcoming Password Changes

Hello Everyone,

Per the latest announcements we will be resetting everyone’s passwords. Shortly you should be receiving an email directing you how to change your password. It will look like this:

Subject: Your new password for *site name*
    Dear *username*,

Your password has been reset by an administrator. Your new details are as follows:

Username: *username*

Password: *Randomly generated temp password*

To change your password, please visit this page: *link to password reset edit page from USERCP*

If you suspect this email is a scam, you can confirm the legitimacy of this email by manually navigate to the forum URL yourself and use your new password to log in.

All the best,

Site Name

As you can see it will give you a randomly generated temporary password, as well as telling you where you need to go to updated it accordingly.

If you do not receive this email please go to the contact us page and select Other, and type in Security Password Update Issues

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

The Community Support Team

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    I just had to update mine and it took me three tries before I figured out how to make the temporary one work. It had a control character in it so my first two unsuccessful attempts were trying to type it in as it appeared. No go. Copying it and pasting it into the log in window worked the third time though. I thought everyone should be aware of this potential "got ya". I was then able to create a new password that satisfied the current minimum requirements, which coincidentally are the same as every other sites are these days.
    Whether or not anyone else gets a temporary password with a control character or not, there's still opportunities for misinterpreting certain characters so save yourselves from these potential problems by just copying it from the email, clicking the link to update it, then first enter your user name, paste your temporary password into the "old" password box and then creating your new password.
    Then log out and clear your old CelicaSupra.com login information from your computer however is required unless you prefer manually logging in every time. Then open your browser and go to CelicaSupra.com again. You'll be asked to enter your user name and password. Do so and then select "remember me" if desired and you're done.

CelicaSupra.com Member supra_toy's Avatar
    Must be at least 10 characters

Must contain lower-case characters

Must contain upper-case characters

Must contain numbers

Must contain symbols

ugh... another password to remember

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ray85p View Post
    I just had to update mine and it took me three tries before I figured out how to make the temporary one work. It had a control character in it so my first two unsuccessful attempts were trying to type it in as it appeared. No go. Copying it and pasting it into the log in window worked the third time though. I thought everyone should be aware of this potential "got ya". I was then able to create a new password that satisfied the current minimum requirements, which coincidentally are the same as every other sites are these days.
    Whether or not anyone else gets a temporary password with a control character or not, there's still opportunities for misinterpreting certain characters so save yourselves from these potential problems by just copying it from the email, clicking the link to update it, then first enter your user name, paste your temporary password into the "old" password box and then creating your new password.
    Then log out and clear your old CelicaSupra.com login information from your computer however is required unless you prefer manually logging in every time. Then open your browser and go to CelicaSupra.com again. You'll be asked to enter your user name and password. Do so and then select "remember me" if desired and you're done.
    I just used a copy/paste from the email they sent us.....
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

CelicaSupra.com Member CelicaDrifts's Avatar
    If this new password system stays I will not be returning to the site ever again, I don't think anyone's accounts at celicsupra.com are in jeprody of being hacked or broken into...

My password was fine and I liked it. I don't need f*ing symbols, capitals and ten damned digits... Give me a break like really.....
    my bank doesn't require this much BS and frankly I don't want to type in a password this long every time...
    And for what !?!?!?!? My OH SO PRECIOUS celicsupra.com account???? Get real here...
    1984 Celica Supra - black - sunroof - 1uz project.
    1987 Suzuki Samurai - long wheel base - flat deck project - fully locked chromolly axles w/ 3 inch lift

CelicaSupra.com Member
    yeah thats a pain in the ass

not sure why that was needed.
    97 XR650L. DD / Toy.

CelicaSupra.com Member canadian_psyko's Avatar
    If there's been no known hack, or attempts, the change seems somewhat odd.
    Lastpass means it doesn't cost me any effort though.
    Cam

Daily: WRX, For sale: Hidden Content or Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member amir_zwara's Avatar
    If we're worried about the potential of passwords being compromised, why is there no SSL on this site admin?
    You do know you will Blacklisted by Google for anyone using the Chrome browser here very soon right?

Quote Originally Posted by supra_toy View Post
    Must be at least 10 characters

Must contain lower-case characters

Must contain upper-case characters

Must contain numbers

Must contain symbols

ugh... another password to remember

Is there any way we could cut some of the crap on this? this isn't a NASA forum. I don't keep CC info on here. I've always been fine with a 6 digit basic ass password. This ten character crap with symbols and stuff is a little too much

I had the same password for 11 years and was never hacked. And even if I was, big whoop honestly
    Hidden Content

------->Hidden Content <--- shirts, mugs, phone cases & more
    Hidden Content
    1985 P-type 5 speed
    6MGE
    8 years strong 4-20-16

CelicaSupra.com Member supergregotti's Avatar
    I was on one of my other forums this week and noticed mention of problems logging on, password reset ect... Doesn't really bother me if they want to have Fort Knox security here however, the thing I don't like is navigation sending me to the bottom of pages.
    Freeway on-ramps rule!!!!!!!Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Black stock 86P
    Terra Cotta 83 6mge Daily Driver
    -GregO

Thread Information