Carbon fiber hatch setup - Page 2

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member
    i would leave the stud bit and put the foam there so it has the pressure point. i couldn't imagine it doing much with all 4 studs bolted. the only time i've seen a spoiler come off, was a roof wing on a s13, they're attached with ONLY double sided tape, and it only came off because he did a backy entry and the wing lifted the wing and it shot off, but other than that, never. the sunshade is pretty beefy, i don't quite understand how it would split or blow up at speeds, past 200km/hr maybe things will get shaky? but, i don't think so

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Funny you say 200kmh hehehe. Trying to find a mirror of the site with pics now, but no luck. Norbie is still around on toymods though, half tempted to ask if he still has those pics floating around :P
    http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/sh...ade-at-200km-h!

There is however a really nice selection of scanned brochures up still: https://web.archive.org/web/20031018...a_brochure.htm

The sunshade also knocks 5mph off the top speed, so you know it has some serious drag. The amount of flex my cf hood/hatch get from just the stock struts pushing up against them is enough for me to be worried about not using the center strut on the sunshade.

CelicaSupra.com Member supraholic's Avatar
    If I could find pre-85 hatch glass locally, this would all be moot. But for me in NH, it's unobtainium...I've been searching for a local company that could cut a lexan hatch window (1 piece) as a potential option, but no luck there either...

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    i have a 84 hatch glass in my shed you can just have - no idea what shipping would cost
    --
    tstefan
    Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member '82supra's Avatar
    I refer you to Rusty's wind tunnel simulation:

Hidden Content
    Terracotta Warrior

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    lol

Yeah it was Norb who famously busted his 82-84 spoiler after getting his 2jzgte swap going and testing it out on the highway. No center post.

Never liked the early spoiler, its a polarizing feature of the mk2 for sure.

And yup, the 85\86 hatches have the exact same holes in them for the later spoiler, just more elsewhere too.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

Quote Originally Posted by tstefan View Post
    i have a 84 hatch glass in my shed you can just have - no idea what shipping would cost
    Drool...Whereabouts are you located? [Disregard, I see you're in St. Louis] I'd totally be willing to pay boxing/shipping but I know how much of a hassle it is on your time...At this point, I'd even be willing to throw in bucks for your time to get it shipped out too...I'm game if you are; we can work it out over PM if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by SupraFiend View Post
    lol
    And yup, the 85\86 hatches have the exact same holes in them for the later spoiler, just more elsewhere too.
    Great to know!! I've got that problem solved now...Thanks!

Here she is: all cut and buffed! Ready to install:

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by supraholic View Post
    Drool...Whereabouts are you located? [Disregard, I see you're in St. Louis] I'd totally be willing to pay boxing/shipping but I know how much of a hassle it is on your time...At this point, I'd even be willing to throw in bucks for your time to get it shipped out too...I'm game if you are; we can work it out over PM if you're interested.
    No worries,
    If you can use it then it's yours.
    I have a 86 so and I like the double spoiler, so it's yours if you want it.
    I'll hit you up via pm.
    Last edited by tstefan; 10-05-2016 at 11:00 PM. Reason: I cant spell
    --
    tstefan
    Hidden Content

Thread Information