Need some help guys. a/c delete

Need some help guys. a/c delete

Im looking to delete my a/c, heat etc. what comes out and what stays in? i am not doing this to ruin my car. the ac hasnt worked in my mkii since 2007. i dont use in anyway. god gave me windows. i am doing the 7mge swap so i am going off of the 7m platform not 5m. is there a plug i can put in the a/c line? thanks guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

I pulled mine out but made the mistake of not reinstalling the small , black, tube-like sensor that goes up front. Heater would not turn off,posted about it and reinstalled it. The heater now works and goes off.
    Pull the AC compressor and bracket, hoses, and up front I think the parts are called condensor and evaporator. Of course, no need to go under the dash---that's no big deal. The threaded tubes that remain on the firewall could be capped, I suppose, for aethsetic reasons.
    I removed my AC, cruise control, PS setup and headlight washer setup. Much lighter and way easier to work on. I used an 82 header panel after removing the headlight washer setup.
    83-Red P-type , 6M,. LJM strut-bar, RC intake,Thorley header,Tenzo 17" wheels, cross-drilled rotors, Eibach springs, KYB shocks, 85 hatch and int., 82 header panel=Frankenkar

87 4 Runner, White, 22RE, 302K on original motor, still strong

"This car is so loud , I heard you before I saw you!" said the nice policeman. Hidden Content

Yes,I yanked most my system out as well.
    I still should pull out the condenser,but it's a pain.I have a nice condenser fan attached to the bracket.
    YES! Leave the little cigar-shaped sensor attached!
    Simply unscrew the A/C lines and toss 'em out with prejudice!
    I dare you to shot put the compressor more than 40 feet! Just recycle it.

Nick said it's a 40 pound weight loss program if ALL of the non-working components are removed,not including the evaporator.He said that I would be surprised at how much the evaporator weighs! Not confirmed.I'm leaving it in for now.

It's funny how supkar and I replied to almost the same posts!
    We are just trying to help a fellow Supra owner.
    There is a LOT of info here,if you are willing to ask.

Go easy on the typos,please.
    If not,you may get the wrath of ROB!(100% British)
    I've been chewed B-4.
    Dave in Seattle. I keep LATE hours.Hidden Content
    '84 type "L" ,Auto ,daily driver. Dk blue.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

I'm trying to manage to reinstall A/C back into mine. lol

Previous owner left the pieces to cap on the firewall.

Lots of old threads on this. On the passenger side of the firewall some of the RARE non-AC Celica parts helps out (bare bones model) = Firewall plugs and airbox without AC HX (heat exchanger) cutouts. If you go to a junkyard and see a third Gen Celica (like a 2nd Gen Supra) with manual windows, bingo, time to investigate.

+1 on the 1.5" temp sensor just in front of the AC Evaporator (or radiator). I've sold a half-dozen to fools that have yanked them out, only to get full heat.

I still like using ES-12A as my refrigerant in North America (um, common in Australia) despite a few folks here dissing it (I'll take my Civil/Mechanical Engineering degrees over their auto parts store counter experience, particularly since I've run multi-ton refrigerant systems). R-12 is OEM, but I wouldn't put it into a leaking/new system (price has dropped recently, so maybe). R-134a is awful for OUR use (corrosive, explosive, and 10P15C compressors can't handle it - good if designed for it).

PS, ES-12a is a mix of Butane and Propane, much LESS explosive than R-134a (higher flash point)). Standard Freon did need to go away (see Rowland and Molina, Nobel Prize (I studied under Rowland @ UCI so I'm a bit more aware of this than most folks).
    84P - Primer (faded Lt Blue Metallic) - bought March 5, 1984 83P Auto Daily Driver - Gunmetal Grey - acquired Nov 2007 - Recovered from the dead 82L White - ~44,000 miles Garage Queen Hidden Content Hidden Content (starts post 25 - can't update at present)
    [Hidden Content

That's some golden information right there.

Thread Information