Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Running rich

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  suprapokemon 
#1 ·
I just got done with a engine swap on my 82 p-type I put the 5mge from my 83 in it and I upgraded my intake to a 85 with the D ports. I knocked out the freeze plug and plummed in my IAC valve so my car will idle I know the engine didn't run rich in my other car and I used the 83 injectors and fuel rail plus regulator. I did have to remove my TPS from the 82 intake to the 85 how do I set the TPS and could it cause my engine to run rich and not want to idle well when cold?

#2 ·
This is a bit confusing. More details about what you swapped in. I guess you played with the ISCV-----not the IAC, whatever that is.
You probably should have swapped the 82 throttle body over, not just the TPS

#4 ·
You may have a temp sensor that is WAY out of specs or corroded contacts or is disconnected.
The ECU takes readings of what up with the engine when warm or cold.
I wonder if the '82 ECU is not happy with the '83 engine controls. Including the '85 TPS.!!!!!
BTW,all of cars run on the rich side and that's a good thing.
Franken KAR.

#5 ·
The problem was all my computer. I had it loose because I was doing some wiring above it and I didn't know it grounded threw the base and I left it loose for a couple days while drive so it shorted it's self out. Put a new one in and is perfectly fine now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.