Differential and Hub stubs - Group Buy, anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Differential and Hub stubs - Group Buy, anyone?

Arnout on Supraforums has made a set of diff AND hub stub shafts out of high grade tool steel. I messaged him, and he said he would be interested in doing them for us.

He said a minimum of 10 would needed to be made.

I don't know how many people are interested in these, and they will be comparable in cost to OEM MKIV six speed stub shafts. Around $225 per piece. He'll also need a spare set, if anybody is willing to put some up for R&D.

http://www.suprastore.com/subitost226s.html

(MKIV shown)

It would be more expensive for me to just have a set made, but it also doesn't help anybody else...
    Last edited by racerxj220; 11-17-2016 at 05:50 PM.
    Built 1JZ-GTE, PTE 6466, PGS Dog Box R-154, other bolt ons.
    1983 Supra

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member Funkycheeze's Avatar
    Is there a plan to get new stubs made for the control arms? They are just as weak...
    '84 P-type, 5spd, torrid red, black/grey leather
    Built 7MGTE (JE's, ARP studs, MHG), BOSS STG4 60mm, AEM standalone, R154, 2 1/2" IC and 3" turbo back - the works
    Coilovers, ROH wheels, 4 corner BBK, Konis, ADDCO bars, PST bushings etc. etc.

Hub stubs and diff stubs, both. I am not sure if you meant for the hub or not.

The material is stronger than MKIV OEM grade (These parts are discontinued from Toyota, whereas these parts are made entirely out of billet tool steel (34CrNiMo6 for the side shafts, 42CrMo4 for the bearing carrier)), which I'm sure, is already stronger than the 1980's grade that came with our cars.

Edited original post.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

If you get them with a 930cv pattern on both ends I'd be interested.

He can make any ends you want. I'm sure there can be a one off made in the batch. He is already discussing using the Porsche 930cv ends for the MKIV, and it wouldn't be tough for him to use the information he already has to cut them. Literally no problem.

This is the first time anybody has said yes to this, and it's someone the community can trust.

If there is enough interest, this can happen. I'm not in a rush, either. I'm still figuring out how I can break the TrueTrac with torque. Haven't gotten to that point yet.

Reason for the 930cvs is it makes for very easy axle upgrades. Whoever designed the mk2 axle pattern had to purposefully make it hard to make an adapter.

I had to look far and wide to get some made. They are very good, and I still have the contact. I'd be willing to share the maker with anyone who PMs me. Helping out the community.

Fit is excellent. Strong dollar at the moment doesn't hurt, either.

Very cool work man, not surei'm planning on making enough hp to use those, but there are quite a few dudes kickin around who are i bet.

Any more interest in these?

So far other than myself, one set with the porsche 930 joints seems interested.

Hmm not sure if I'll need a set really soon.. haha I was guessing the half shafts- true trac would be the weak point.. and If the half shafts break but I buy beefier ones and then the diff instantly becomes the weak point. I would probably rather swap a 9" rear, or not gamble true tracs. I have little knowledge or experience in true tracs, but recall that 600 thereabout being a kill number for any spirited driving. Not sure I plan on driving the car super hard once i'm there.
    -Parker-
    1985 MKII:2jz/R154/AEM EMS2

Thread Information