Differential and Hub stubs - Group Buy, anyone? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spirited driving on any kind of HP will generate more heat than the diff can dissipate. I'm curious to know if anybody has broken a truetrac with HP alone. So far, I haven't found that number.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Torque? lol I know some people who do know... and there is a number, I saw Jacks transmissions I believe add a cooler to R154's being used in high hp applications... I believe the same thing could be added to a differential I guess? not sure it would help diffs since snappy torque is generally the killer not hard running.
    -Parker-
    1985 MKII:2jz/R154/AEM EMS2

Spill the beans, what's the magic torque number?

My 1J should make a hair over 276hp.

I've heard a dog box is rough on diffs, anyway.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Hmm, well I'd have to ask for a specific number, Think everything up to 550whp is pretty solid.. anything pushing those limits starts to gamble.. anything past 600 I hear they aren't reliable, but I don't have solid proof yet besides a decent source. Doesn't mean one can be run at 1000whp. just depends how you use it.
    -Parker-
    1985 MKII:2jz/R154/AEM EMS2

CelicaSupra.com Member williamb82's Avatar
    No one has killed a true trac yet. Axles, axle stubs, wheel hubs, ring and pinion gears, but not the true trac itself yet. One guy was launching on slicks with 700rwhp, didnt break the truck track, was snapping wheel hubs and axle stubs as he had already upgraded the axles.

So is he going to make the axle stubs and the wheel hubs? If he makes wheel hubs, I might be interested in a set in 5 lug. That would let me run the 8.8 diff with the stock control arms and "hopefully" hold up. At $225 each, i think I can swing that.
    william
    Hidden Content black 84 7mgte, MS2, truetrac, bbk, etc...soon to have 2jzgte and t56
    Hidden Content blue 85 beater
    Hidden Content black 86 triple weber 6m in the works!

Quote Originally Posted by williamb82 View Post
    No one has killed a true trac yet. Axles, axle stubs, wheel hubs, ring and pinion gears, but not the true trac itself yet. One guy was launching on slicks with 700rwhp, didnt break the truck track, was snapping wheel hubs and axle stubs as he had already upgraded the axles.

So is he going to make the axle stubs and the wheel hubs? If he makes wheel hubs, I might be interested in a set in 5 lug. That would let me run the 8.8 diff with the stock control arms and "hopefully" hold up. At $225 each, i think I can swing that.
    Agreed, 5 lug conversion pieces would do well for the rear. Quite a few folks out there lookin for em.

Very interesting. Can you just have these drilled for 2 or 3 different bolt patterns for other common swap out upgrades at the same time?
    Saves on set-up makes a more universal part for potential half shaft conversions down the road.
    I would like these, but know I'd have to upgrade at one point to something beefier.
    Perhaps, make a version that will fit a flange 1310 cardan joint... lowered cars might be able to get away from the CV joints with a lesser angle. Just talking out loud...

CelicaSupra.com Member supra123's Avatar
    Just wondering has there been any progress in getting the axles made, iam in for a set maybe two

5 lug conversion will be a good idea to interest more people
    FUN IS NOT ON STRAIGHT
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

That also means new wheels and new brakes for the other folks. I'm sure either way will add up costs for the other half.

Thread Information