New to the world of MKII - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    One is for the rear wiper and one is for the fog lights,. They were marked with symbols printed on them, but after 30 years and millions of fingers, the symbols wear off.
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Rear wiper? I have that control on the instrument cluster...

Might be different for your '82 than my '85.

The rear wiper control on my '85 is a three position rocker switch. With the switch centered, it's off. Push it one way and the wiper comes on. Push it the other way and the wiper is in intermittent mode.

After I put my console back together to finish the interior before I went to Supras in Vegas, I noticed the wiper would run every once in a while. I thought I'd either broken something, or connected something wrong. To shut it off, I pulled the connector off the motor. When I was in Vegas taking to one of the Dave's, he asked me why my wiper switch was in the "on" position.

I had one of those "D'OH!" moments, pushed the switch so it was centered, and connected the motor back up.

It wasn't running any more, and I realized I'd had the switch in the intermittent position!

Good to have friends that really know these cars!
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Okay, I think that switch does nothing then. I have the 3 way that's a dud, but the center console was replaced at some point.

the foremost one is the fog switch, and only works when the low beams are ON.
    -Jocelyn,
    P85-6MGE SDR(HKS kit c/w IC and F-Con in a box) 225KKm, NAL seats, 2.5 Brullen, ACT clutch, LJM, SS lines, Trip Computer. EuroH4
    P85-5MGE SDR had 439KKm (for 17 years my daily driver, RIP...), 2002 E39 ///M5 LMB Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member
    LOL, NOW I'm confused. So I have either a post '82 console with a rear wiper switch that's not hooked up, OR I have a fog lamp rocker switch. Time to go outside...

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Okay then, the back switch (3 way) unlocks but doesn't lock the doors, the front 2 way still does nothing, and the fog lamps are on regardless.

many people rewired the fog switch so they always comes on. when you pull thw console, verify that both terminals are connected. Yes it's a 2 way switch.
    -Jocelyn,
    P85-6MGE SDR(HKS kit c/w IC and F-Con in a box) 225KKm, NAL seats, 2.5 Brullen, ACT clutch, LJM, SS lines, Trip Computer. EuroH4
    P85-5MGE SDR had 439KKm (for 17 years my daily driver, RIP...), 2002 E39 ///M5 LMB Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Saw that tutorial. Also realized I was looking at running lights only, and probably burned out fogs.

Thread Information