Oem load index? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oem load index?

Question Center caps that do not fit over the OEM dust caps.

When the XXR caps are on,there will be minimal dust to get into the outer wheel bearings,BTW.

The Nissan dust caps are a good possibility to do it correctly.
    Drjim was very disappointed when the dust caps would not fit inside the XXR center caps! Go to Vegas,anyway!

The OEM dust caps(Too long/tall)and the after market wheel center caps were too short to fit over the OEM dust caps.

The I.D. of the front hubs must be measured to see if the Nissan ones will work/fit AND be shorter than the OEM caps to not cause any interference with the stock axel nuts.The XXR wheels are hub centric,correct?

We have been through this B-4 with different wheels and their center caps not fitting,due to this problem.

Gamble posted similar issues with a different brand of after market wheels.
    Dave in Seattle. I keep LATE hours.Hidden Content
    '84 type "L" ,Auto ,daily driver. Dk blue.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Yep, my mantra quickly became "It's cosmetic! Screw it, I'M GOING TO VEGAS!"....
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

I'll keep my eyes peeled for some Datsun caps then, in the meantime a little black paint will suffice haha. I had to buy hub centric rings, the hub bore of the wheels are 73.1mm and our hubs are 60.1mm according to rescources online. You don't really need need he hub rings if you install the wheels very very carefully, but I'm one of those "work smart not hard" kinda people

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

This is the first time I've ever used hubcentric rings. It makes it much easier to mount the rims/tires on the car because as soon as you lift the wheel up to the hub and put it on, the lugs line up!

It's one of those facepalm Captain Obvious things, but it never occurred to me that it would make it easier to get the wheels/tires on the car. I got stuck in thinking that it was for safety, and totally missed how easy it made it to put them on the car.

My 1975 VW Scirocco had BOLTS instead of lugnuts, and there was NOTHING to hold the rim in place on the car until you got a bolt started.

What a royal PITA.....
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

Quote:
    My 1975 VW Scirocco had BOLTS instead of lug nuts, and there was NOTHING to hold the rim in place on the car until you got a bolt started.
    When I was putting tires on for a living,I made some 12 and 14 mm studs just for that purpose.
    Makes it way easier.
    +Wheels without hub centric rings,too.
    I whizzed off the heads of some long bolts.Easy.
    Mercedes and Audi's,etc.
    Dave in Seattle. I keep LATE hours.Hidden Content
    '84 type "L" ,Auto ,daily driver. Dk blue.

Yeah lug bolts on first gen rx-7's too, ahted those things so i converted to studs.

Yeah I looked into it and figured it'd be worth the couple extra bucks, and it's nothing fancy anyways just some plastic rings, anything to make my life easier lol
    Oh mygod I fucking HATE the bolt style. I swear the Germans are so evil with their engineering they make everything so much harder to do! I'm not a fan of bolts at all XD haha

Thread Information