Oem load index? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oem load index?

Damn, haven't seen a set of those 3 spoke prime wheels intact in years. Personally i would just spring for the full car dolly and save the cash on used tires, time disconnecting the driveshaft, and get the piece of mind that comes with not having to trust funky old tires for long distances. The price difference when renting a tow dolly and a full car dolly isn't that big, unless of course you have a tow dolly you can borrow for free or something, then maybe the math checks out for springing for used tires.

NLmotoring.com has a great selection of wheels that fit our car for cheap. Anything 8" wide with 0 offset works fine, though you may want to run a 20mm spacer out back if you want it more flush. They will fit fine without a spacer, just inset a bit like the stock wheels are in back. They run sales pretty often, and are running one right now actually.
    http://www.nlmotoring.com/Wheel-Bolt...age=1&f-0=1021

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Next Level Motoroing is where I bought my XXR rims from. Great guys, and if you live in SoCal, it's drivable, as they're in Chatsworth.

I'm running 16"x8", 0 offset, and 245/45-16's with NO clearance issues except for a tiny, tiny "zing" if I have the steering at full lock and hit one of our infamous drainage ditches across the road.
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

I was planning on renting a flat bed from u-haul since it's only like $50 and I won't have to disconnect the driveshaft or deal with any of that jazz, I wanted the tires just to roll it on since the ones on there now are done for. So used tires may be my best bet
    Thanks for all the scources! I'm sure I'll find a good set of rims

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    I must be getting seriously old but those wheels suck on a Supra in that size and offset. But you're right. There isn't diddly for 14's or 15's anymore except 15" track tires. 16's look great but there isn't too many of them left either. But I don't think they'll go away any time soon. Do yourself a favor and get a set of 16's or 17's with appropriate offset and please get something somewhat period correct. These cars just look stupid with high offset modern flat faced wheels. In the reasonably priced, decent looking category are a few designs by Square Wheels that were developed for 240SX's. They are available for $500 - $600 a set. Of course you're free to do as you wish. Just offering my unasked for opinion.

I ended up getting 16x8 0 offset xxr 531s. I did want to go with the 8 spokes, but they were sold out and I wanted to make it in time for the sale \_(ツ)_/ I'm content with what I got tho

That's the same rim I bought.

Looks nice on the car. The only decent tires available are the Toyo Proxes T1R in 245/45-16. I got four, mounted and balanced, at my local America's Tire, out the door, for $615.

1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

I think it's time that Dr. Jim gave you some advice on the center caps. I didn't follow your thread all the way until the end. Nissan grease caps?
    Dave in Seattle. I keep LATE hours.Hidden Content
    '84 type "L" ,Auto ,daily driver. Dk blue.

I was actually going to buy the proxes T1Rs haha good tire for that price. what should I know about center caps?

The metal wheel bearing dust cover/caps over the front wheel bearings stick out too far to fit the XXR 531 center caps on the rims. The picture I posted of my MKII in the driveway shows the rims with no caps. I didn't find out the "low profile" XXR caps wouldn't fit until like the day before I went to Supras in Vegas this year.

Several people have told me to just "smash" the wheel bearing dust cover down with a large persuader, but that goes against my Engineer's sense of what should and shouldn't be allowed.

I bought some new caps from a Datsun Z car that are much shorter, but haven't put them on yet. The same dust caps also fit the 240SX, IIRC....

I don't even know if the fit the bore in the hub yet!

If anybody has a spare front hub just lying around, could you please measure the size of the bore the dust cover fits into? Then I'll measure my new, still unfit, dust covers and we'll know for sure....

The XXR center caps will fit fine on the rear rims, just not the fronts unless you do "something" about the wheel bearing dust cover caps.
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

Hhhmmmm, I may paint he rear ones black and paint the front dust caps black too. The Datsun caps are a really good idea tho
    I'm not sure when excatly but when I go put the wheels on my car I can measure it while the old wheels are off; I'm sure someone will have the info before then tho hahaha

Thread Information