Ultimate rare find....... What is the deal on this
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member SupraGuy31's Avatar

Ultimate rare find....... What is the deal on this

Ok all,

So I'm back in the game after a long and hard search for another supra. So after purchasing this 85 SDR I noticed that there were things on it that I for one have never seen before. I haven't gotten the change to really dig into it but here is one thing that really stood out and from what Ive been told is very very rare if impossible to find anymore. would like some insight on this if that's the case. Ive had 7 or 8 people trying there best to buy it off me.

Are they that rare
    What are they worth (Honest market Valve)

Let me know all.

Robert
    84 7M Powered Supra (Sandy)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member eightsixxmkII's Avatar
    Pretty rare, I would rather have a plate delete though. One that doesn't say supra, just to give the car a cleaner look and painted to match the car. I seen these for sale for $300. If I had the money laying around, I would've bought it. Nice score though Robert.
    Hidden Content
    05 Scion Tc: Sold. Mpg will be missed.
    85 P: New project. No motor/trans.
    86 P Super Deep Red (Cali Car):7mgte/w58.
    98 4runner Sr5: Daily driver. Parts/dead car hauler.
    96 Avalon: New daily.

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraGuy31's Avatar
    I was offered $400 for it. Heck that's about as much as I paid for the car. the car belonged to a guy that drive it very rarely and when he did it was around the block just to keep things lubricated. He passed in 2013 and the car has been sitting in his driveway ever since. His wife said it was more of a memory than anything. Well when the storm came the car got a little water in it so the insurance company paid her retail value for the car and then sent it to an auction which is where I bought it.

Guess $400 is well worth the part if he is willing to pay that much. Not really something I would use per say but it does look good.
    84 7M Powered Supra (Sandy)

CelicaSupra.com Member eightsixxmkII's Avatar
    You practically got the car for $400? That's a steal!! Post more pics. I would be interested in the plate delete also.
    Hidden Content
    05 Scion Tc: Sold. Mpg will be missed.
    85 P: New project. No motor/trans.
    86 P Super Deep Red (Cali Car):7mgte/w58.
    98 4runner Sr5: Daily driver. Parts/dead car hauler.
    96 Avalon: New daily.

Robert, you beat me out by $50 bucks for that car! I am glad you got it brother! I see we lurk the same scenes. Great to have you back.
    Maurice in Louisiana.
    Maurice
    85 GT-S Black/Blue Cloth
    86P- Super White/Blue Leather(Sold-00zx7r)
    86P- Dark Blue/Blue Cloth(Sold-Mark'sMKII)

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Dang it! Yes, those are very rare, and they are an actual Toyota piece that was sold as a dealer option back in the day. And you can add me to the list of people interested in it, but I couldn't bring myself to pay 400us for one I think. I've been trying to get one of those for 15 years lol. I would totally buy a mk2 to get one of those.

I totally missed out on one in the early 2000s. I buddy who worked at a local Toyota dealership actually sold one that had been hanging around for decades just weeks before it came up on another forum that I wanted one.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

I'd take the $400-500 and run all the way to the bank with it. I'm sure you can probably get that for it, but IMO it just doesn't look right especially with the plate essentially screwed to the rear bumper.

And having "Supra" on the panel directly under the "Supra" billboard decal on the hatch looks a little redundant to me.....
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

CelicaSupra.com Member Road Ripper's Avatar
    This is more of a nostalgic collector item for the toyota purist. I saw one once on a red or terra cotta car in Burnsville back in the late 90's. It was nighttime in a parking lot and I noticed it when the car rolled past me with that plate lit up. I asked a friend who owned a toyota junkyard about it, and he confirmed it was a dealer accessory that sold for around $100 new back in the day. It definitely catches your eye at night and at the time I wanted one, but I wouldn't relocate my plate for one. It would make a nice side display for a restored show car, showing the different factory accessories for our cars.
    Hidden Content
    Dan (DragonLady's husband) *RIP Tyler (2yo son lost to cancer)
    1986 P-type (Ruffian) black 6M 5 speed (formerly Lexusboy's), sitting.
    1986 P type MKII 2tone night blue met/silver met. 5MGE auto, waiting for summer.
    2005 Dodge Magnum Magnesium Pearl - new family car!
    2000 Chrysler Town & Country - Charcoal, family/stuff hauler

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Yeah I don't want to run it on my car, but I definitely want one.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

Thread Information