WTB Hard line for clutch

CelicaSupra.com Member austintaco's Avatar

WTB Hard line for clutch

Looking for a clean hard line for an 85. Let me know what you want, shipping to 78745, Austin, TX.

Thanks!

Patrick

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Raptor racing sells them for $20 and some change.

Raptor sells the FLEX line that goes between the body and the slave cylinder.

It sounds like he's looking for the hard line between the master cylinder and where the flex line joins it.
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Yep, he needs the hard line on the body.

Yes, its the hard line and after research, I have found that is no longer made, but there might be old stock on shelves. The good news is that it also appears that its the same line for 84-85 MKII's and all years of MKIII's. I found one locally that I will pick up tomorrow if this is true and it's not falling apart.

If you're in a pinch go to autozone. They have several lengths of pre-made straight lines. Bend it, cut it to length, and reflare the end. The stock fittings are m10 flare.

Thanks, SilverMK2. I ordered it again from another parts dealer and waiting to see if I get another email saying its not available. The going price online is only about $21 plus shipping for a new one if its on the shelf. Compared to the used one that I might be able to get for $10, I'll take the new one if available. It's always the little things that hold me up.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    IIRC, Celica slave cylinders are on the opposite side of the bell housing compared to our cars. So I seriously doubt that their hard line would be the same. Their master cylinder is the same but their slave cylinders are mirror image compared to ours.
    On double flaring brake lines, be aware that any cheap double flaring tool will work fine on anything except the smallest size which unfortunately, is what brake lines are and why most folks would buy one (custom lines for a trailer, etc.). If you can't source a new hard line or find a good used one, I would suggest either buying a premade line and bending it to fit or finding someone with a high quality double flaring tool. It'll either be old, expensive or both. Don't waste your time with a cheap tool as the fittings will leak.

Thread Information