been a long long time
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    CelicaSupra.com Member MooSeviSion1's Avatar

been a long long time

hello all,

some may remember me, most will not.

i was young and dumb at 19-20 years old, not making alot of money, living at home, zero responsibilities etc when i had the pleasure of owning a 86 SDR MK2. i am now 32 years old and still think of this car often and miss the driving experience, and most importantly memories made in that car. I simply did not know what i had and wish i still had the car in my life. I ended up selling the car to a member on here LnumbP- he transformed the car into something i wish i could have at the time. What prompted this post is that i test drove a BRZ a few weekends ago and even tho the numbers were right and would have been a good deal and was a somewhat fun car to drive on the twisty back roads where i live, i had to hand the keys back to the dealership. It just wasn't the same as the MK2 and left me thinking of my old car even more. Now at 32, injured, home owner etc, I am a manufacturing engineer, (i produce ultra high precision parts for formula one cars and parts for medical and analytical industries). I have been stashing money away for years in hopes to find a clean example to put back in my garage. I am very happy to see the MK2 scene is still alive and well. To all my north east guys i hope all is well and hope to hear from you guys! Currently driving my mothers old 98' Toyota Avalon that just hit 197k, has never let me down not even once over the past 6+ years driving it daily. just wanted to say hi to everyone, stay rad my friends.

some very old pictures, brings a tear to my eye.

Andrew
    -moose_knuckle - IG

I hope you find one again. I have own two first one when I was 19. I don't see me without one. I just built an 87 mk3 N/a for my son. It is not as funny n to drive as the mk2

e

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CelicaSupra.com Member austintaco's Avatar
    I know a local member from here in Austin had put his SDR 85 up for sale, but I'm not sure of the status.

There are a few project cars on SF BAY AREA CL: 83 auto, 84 manual and Reno CL...white 83 no interior. Not sure if you are stuck on the 85 SDR, which are rare. Good thing about Cali cars is lack of rust.
    83-Red P-type , 6M,. LJM strut-bar, RC intake,Thorley header,Tenzo 17" wheels, cross-drilled rotors, Eibach springs, KYB shocks, 85 hatch and int., 82 header panel=Frankenkar

87 4 Runner, White, 22RE, 302K on original motor, still strong

"This car is so loud , I heard you before I saw you!" said the nice policeman. Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supkar View Post
    Not sure if you are stuck on the 85 SDR, which are rare.
    Not really. I think SDR is probably the most common color for 85s actually, and 85s sold quite well compared to other years. I have owned 5 different ones over the years, even have one for sale right now (though a sale is pending).

Welcome back Andrew! Is your handle the same as when you joined in 2005?
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraMoto's Avatar
    Perfect example of why I never sold mine, I'm sure I would regret it. I bought mine at 17 years old, and luckily I've hung onto it for 15 years.

I hope you find yourself a replacement.
    '83 Black P-Type

My threads:
    -- Hidden Content
    -- Hidden Content

I remember your avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by SupraMoto View Post
    Perfect example of why I never sold mine...
    Same here.
    If you are patient, for sure a nice one with be available within driving range. It may take a year, but they do pop-up once ib a while.
    -Jocelyn,
    P85-6MGE SDR(HKS kit c/w IC and F-Con in a box) 225KKm, NAL seats, 2.5 Brullen, ACT clutch, LJM, SS lines, Trip Computer. EuroH4
    P85-5MGE SDR had 439KKm (for 17 years my daily driver, RIP...), 2002 E39 ///M5 LMB Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Welcome back. Don't wait too long to buy one again or it'll be like my age cohort trying to buy back the 60s muscle cars we regret what WE did to in the 80s. They aren't part-time summer job money anymore. Good luck.
    Phil D.
    85 Silver 6m-gte, completed 2000

"I always observe the speed limit. I see those DAMNED signs everywhere."

i actually noticed in the for sale section my old car is for sale!! Pm sent but no response as of yet.
    -moose_knuckle - IG

i would really love the thought of buying back my car, although in rough condition now with listed rust issues, i have close friends who own a fabrication shop in media pa so any metal work is no problem at all. i'm not looking for a restoration project, would be a potential drift, auto cross, fun street car project is what i'm looking to achieve . hoping the seller contacts me soon.
    -moose_knuckle - IG

Thread Information