been a long long time - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Welcome back, good luck finding your next mk2.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Welcome back!

Hope you can find one to your liking. I'd always wanted one since they came out in 1982, but I'd just moved to California in '82, wasn't real sure about the job situation, then I got married, had a kid, bought a house, got divorced, yadda-yadda-yadda, and finally bought one three years ago (been that long already?!?) as my retirement gift to myself.

I regret that I never even went to a dealership in '82 to look at one, and test drive one.

- Jim
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

Good luck finding your next mk2, hopefully you can find your old one if that be your wish!

Quote Originally Posted by drjim View Post
    Welcome back!

Hope you can find one to your liking. I'd always wanted one since they came out in 1982, but I'd just moved to California in '82, wasn't real sure about the job situation, then I got married, had a kid, bought a house, got divorced, yadda-yadda-yadda, and finally bought one three years ago (been that long already?!?) as my retirement gift to myself.

I regret that I never even went to a dealership in '82 to look at one, and test drive one.

- Jim
    You cannot possibly know what you want,then you cannot tell us.
    Dave in Seattle. I keep LATE hours.Hidden Content
    '84 type "L" ,Auto ,daily driver. Dk blue.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Welcome back to the scene! The mk2 is comfortably on its way to becoming a true classic car, it's earned its reputation and the strong community built around it remains here.

I got my mk2 when I was 23 - it's been in the family since I was 16. This year will be the 4th year I've owned it. As soon as I took it onto the road for the first time, I fell in love with it and swore never, ever to sell it. No partner or kids so I can dump all my spare cash into it

Good luck getting a replacement. Who knows, one day you might sit behind the wheel of your original car again, especially if it's a member on here who still owns it!
    Rob - 100% British
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - 1986 White P-Type (UK model), 5M-GE, manual, digital dash, cone air filter & stainless-steel exhaust, 176HP, Beloved DD
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Thread Information