Modern Luxury Cars? - Page 8

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraFiend View Post
    My point about getting an older car with an established aftermarket is that you won't have to do anything incredibly out of the ordinary or extraordinarily expensive to get the custom suspension you want. Look into KW coilovers.
    I've been researching aftermarket coilovers and other aftermarket suspension parts because yes, it could make it much less expensive if there's already off-the-shelf components. Interesting tho that in many of the catalogs that I've looked at so far, they don't list fitment for very many 2013 or newer models even if the same body style is continued seemingly unchanged. I guess 99% of the time, a car doesn't get modified until its out of warranty and they can't verify fitment until somebody buys a kit and attempts to install it on a newer car. I suspect many fitments would often continue to newer models but I guess I'll have to do the research myself.

Plus there's still several cars I haven't driven yet. Just been way too busy during the daytime. Was going to drive a 2014 Cadillac CTS4 coupe the other day and got there right as the Cadillac dealer was closing at 6pm. Alfa dealer was open till 9 so I went ahead and satisfied my curiosity and drove a Giulia. Much better looking than any Cadillac. Obviously would have been a candidate for suspension modification, but crucially the seat wasn't comfortable. On to the next model.... well, if I ever get time.
    Phil D.
    85 Silver 6m-gte, completed 2000

"I always observe the speed limit. I see those DAMNED signs everywhere."

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

So Phil, have you taken the plunge with one, or keep the Jag going ?
    -Jocelyn,
    P85-6MGE SDR(HKS kit c/w IC and F-Con in a box) 225KKm, NAL seats, 2.5 Brullen, ACT clutch, LJM, SS lines, Trip Computer. EuroH4
    P85-5MGE SDR had 439KKm (for 17 years my daily runner, RIP...)
    2002 E39 ///M5 LMB, Hidden Content Hidden Content

Not yet. Been very busy with work and other car projects. No hurry tho.
    Phil D.
    85 Silver 6m-gte, completed 2000

"I always observe the speed limit. I see those DAMNED signs everywhere."

Thread Information