Pinion flange measurement

CelicaSupra.com Member

Pinion flange measurement

Any know the exact bolt pattern measurement on the 7.5 diff pinion flange? I don't have it in front of me any trying to order a driveshaft. Thanks for any input!
    1985 Celica GTS Endurance Race Car
    Chump/WRL
    Raleigh, NC

my other car is an AH-64D

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Just so happen to have a replacement diff sitting here. Bolts are exactly 3" on center.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mutantcolors View Post
    Just so happen to have a replacement diff sitting here. Bolts are exactly 3" on center.

Thanks. I think I figured out why many driveshaft shops don't make it for direct to Mk2 or mk3 celicas. The joint you be too small. I ordered an adapter for mk2 to mk3 flange and bought a driveshaft for mk3. All from driftmotion.
    Chump/WRL
    Raleigh, NC

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member Funkycheeze's Avatar
    You may want to use the larger flange from front (and 2WD rear) Toyota truck diffs. It has the 60mmx60mmx10mm pattern common to most Toyota heavy duty U joints. I broke several of the smaller ones (and the smaller bolts) before I went to this larger flange.

Bear in mind, you will need to replace the crush sleeve (or go to a solid crush tube) if you swap the flange out on the diff.
    '84 P-type, 5spd, torrid red, black/grey leather
    Built 7MGTE (JE's, ARP studs, MHG), BOSS STG4 60mm, AEM standalone, R154, 2 1/2" IC and 3" turbo back - the works
    Coilovers, ROH wheels, 4 corner BBK, Konis, ADDCO bars, PST bushings etc. etc.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkycheeze View Post
    You may want to use the larger flange from front (and 2WD rear) Toyota truck diffs. It has the 60mmx60mmx10mm pattern common to most Toyota heavy duty U joints. I broke several of the smaller ones (and the smaller bolts) before I went to this larger flange.

Bear in mind, you will need to replace the crush sleeve (or go to a solid crush tube) if you swap the flange out on the diff.
    I have a solid sleeve, but didn't want to tear the diff down as I just rebuilt it. Good to know about you breaking the smaller flange. I am just running 200 hp to it though, so I hope it's strong enough. I hadn't heard about them breaking yet.
    Chump/WRL
    Raleigh, NC

I only started breaking the rear U joint when I got over 400 wheel horsepower. You should be fine.
    Built 7MGTE (JE's, ARP studs, MHG), BOSS STG4 60mm, AEM standalone, R154, 2 1/2" IC and 3" turbo back - the works

400 RWHP!

WoW! That must be a fun ride!

- Jim
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

Yes - very fun. Dyno around 470 wheel now, plenty of power. I would not want more - I have broken many drivetrain pieces getting it to be reliable.

Thread Information