Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

New from France

4K views 46 replies 11 participants last post by  Domi 
#1 ·
Hello,

I'm french (sorry, nobody's perfect:rolleyes:) and I've bought my first Celica-Supra a few months ago.
Fisrt, I beg your pardon if my english is not quite good...
Don't ask me why I choose this car, I really don't know. I had a lot of old cars (unknown in your country!) before but I was looking for one to do road trips with my wife and mine 8 and 14 years old sons. Whant something with space, reliable, with air conditionning, at least a 6cyl engine and RWD. And this car appear!

So, I find it in north of Portugal, 1800km (1100 miles) from my house, in a garage. This car was a first hand, it have been bought in 1985 in Canada by a woman who came in 1992 lo live in Portugal. And she bring the car whith her. Now she was to old to drive it.
When I bought the car it had only 49000 miles!!!
In august we took the plane to take it bake to France. During 2 weeks of hollydays we travel true north to south Portugal, west to est Spain and west to est France. 4800 kilometers. With the Air conditionning of, and about 40-45°c it was very hard but very cool. We only had one problème (except the AC) the tires were to old: from 1999 and only 1500km. So one of them was at the point to explod.
So I change the wheels and tires.

In October we take one more week to do an othe road trip thrue north Italia, 1200km more!

Soon, some pictures...

See less See more
#4 ·
#5 ·
Nice find their is already an another canadian celica supra in france with belong to clem and an another wich is a us clone , bizule s one
Tu trouvera une petite communaute sur le lien donne par redp85 mais c est pas actif, sinon sur facebook celica supra mk2 a6

#9 ·
Your command of this goofy English language is just fine!:salute:
You may see some
( terrible) examples of the usually spoken language right here,on this forum!!!!
Welcome,Sir.
We will be happy to answer your questions and give you some REASONS to stay on this forum.
If you want to speak in code,you may address some of our French /Canadian members,personally!
Gee,that may not be a politically correct response.
OK,give us some of your history and your CAR,please.

Your boys may find that the back seat is a bit too small.
You will need to post a few more "HELLOS" to be allowed to post any photos of your family and your car.
You will need to host your photos on a separate site,in order to have your pictures appear on this site.
You have a few choices.
I use,but do not like,Photobucket:
Click the photo for a larger view:
[URL=http://s514.photobucket.com/user/ddd228/media/DSCF0025_025_023_zps43sdo0m0.jpg.html][/URL]

:salute:

Reactions: Tanya
#10 ·
Hello guys,

First, I apologize for the late answer but I just had a big week of work, far away from house...

Secondly, thank you, to welcome me on your community!

I'll try to answer at all your questions.

RedP85,
Before this Supra me and my familly were used to do road trips with two very small cars: a Volksvagen Polo G40 (unknown in your countrys) or a Porsche 911. So now my childrens find that the Supra's back space is enormous;) . I'll look forward on the French forum, thanks. But after hours of looking for something about mkII's Supra in France, I had to admit that there's so few thinks to find...

Guido,
Very pleased to see that there is some french peoples on this forum!!! We can now think about a meeting!!!:laugh:

Domi,
Thank you!
You are to far only when I had to pay the shipment...
I find my car while I was looking for an old Mercedes or BMW (until 1990)! I know that there is a lot of old cars in very good conditions in Portugal so I look in this country. I was looking for a car with this specs:
Betwin 1975 and 1990
Manual gear box
Air conditionning
Rear wheel drive
In excellent conditions
Coupé
Minimum 6cyl engine
Enought space and visibility at the rear seats
And when I saw this Supra I said, why not!
When I show the pictures to my childs they sayd: YESSSSSS!
When I show the pictures to my wife she said: I'm not sure, this car does not look beautyfull to my eyes...
After two long travels, my wife told me: this car is the better one you ever bought!

Suprafiend,
49000 miles.

ddd228,
I don't need more reasons to stay in this forum: all of you seems to be nice guys and I have a Celica-Supra!
Now I'll post a lot of "hello's" to post some pictures quicqly. I yet use CASIMAGE...

#11 ·
For those who want to know more about me:
The cars are my drug. I love every kind of them, with a preference for sports cars.
I do a lot of track days since 16 years. Rest assured, I'll not use the Supra on track!
Actually I have a mkVII Golf (my daily), a mkVI Golf (my wife daily), an Austin mini from 1968, A Polo G40 from 1992 and a Gen2 Mazdaspeed 3 for the track days.
Before my Supra and my Gen2 Mazdaspeed 3, my sports cars were: 8 differents Polo G40, A Porsche Boxter S, A porsche 911 and a Gen1 Mazdaspeed 3.
And I had a lot of uninterresting daily cars.

#12 · (Edited)
On my Celica-Supra, just some few things are wrong/were wrong:

- The electrical antenna stay open
- The air conditionning. But in good way to be repaired.
- I had to change the 4 wheels and tires! We are not able to find the original 225/60/14 in Europe and there is no equivalence in 14"...
- A little bit of rust around the sun roof.
- I have change the spark plugs
- I have change The wiring spark plugs
- I've just receive a new gasoline filter
- I've change the gear box and transmission oil
- Just before I bought it, the garage change all the timing and accessories belts, rebuilt the coilovers and change oil motor.

As I leave in the mountains, there's a lot of salt on the roads during the winter. So my Supra will stay in the garage till march or april. That means that I can't do some repairs that I'm not able to do by myself...

#13 · (Edited)
I also replace the original intake by a Raptor Racing intake pipe kit.

My new wheels are from Japan Racing, 8x15" offset 0 in front, 9x15" offset -13 at the rear.

I'll look the disconnect the EGR.
I want to dismantle the catalysor
I'm thinking to replace the original radio because the chanels are different in France...
And Iwill maybe lower it a little bit with raptor racing springs. Just for the look.

And drive it and keep it in good conditions.

#16 ·
We're very close, that's cool.
Unfortunately, for now I still don't have a Supra. The one in my avatar is not mine.
Almost bought one 10 years ago but like is was for a daily driver, I bought another car.
Then, I was too slow on another one 3 years ago.
All the prices increased during the past few years.
To spend some time I work on another car, which is only a 2 seaters, so I can't ride with my wife & kids.
The car is a DeLorean from 1982
Maybe we will be able to meet each other when the weather will be better and we will have the right to drive because of the new "crit'air"...

#20 ·
#21 ·
Which of them is better to drive? Maybe the Supra is more powerfull?
There will be a new Delorean in 2017 or 2018 with at less 300hp...

Some other pics of my Supra, the first day I drive it:

My son taking is first picture

My daughter, in the passenger seat, happy to travel in that strange car

#32 ·
Which of them is better to drive? Maybe the Supra is more powerfull?
There will be a new Delorean in 2017 or 2018 with at less 300hp...
There will also be a new Supra in 2018, likely with over 400hp ;)

Very nice car, good to see some pics of it. That thing has obviously spent most of its life in a garage, I hope it continues to be stored indoors!

The leather interiors are so nice when they are in good shape, blue leather is very rare.

#22 ·
Bringing it from Portugal to France, a long travel from north to south Portugal, west to east Spain and west to east France.

Here, at the west end of Europe. The other side of the sea? United States of America...

In the middle of the Spain, the 16 years old tires decided to die...

And replace it by the 30 years old supplied wheel was not the better idea. But no other solution...

#26 ·
My actual VW Polo G40

One of my old Polo G40
This one comes from the Switzerland G40 cup. Only 49 were produced. I have used it exclusively for track days during 4 years.

My first Polo G40. Bought it in 2000 and sold it in 2016. This model was only produced for Germany and France at 1500ex.

Here is a link to my youtube chanel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChJJgZx9X5FHO7oAOIb3TVA

Promise, I'll not post other pics from cars which are not Supra's.:eekfacepalm:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.