Need Australian Advice

Question Need Australian Advice

Hey guys, it looks like I'll be moving to Australia for school from the state sometime in the next 6 months, and I'll be trying to pick up a supra down there to be my final project car, and since they only have the 5me in them I was planning to swap in a 2jzgte. Now I know your laws on that are a bit different than the ones over here in car hating California, but even after reading up I'm still not 100% sure what I can and cant do mod wise. My end goal is a 400-500 bhp (300-375 KW @ wheels) build on E85, a mild full internal rebuild, maybe mild cams, and a twin scroll turbo with a haltech computer running it. Now I've rebuilt my 6m so i have the mechanical part on that end down, and ive got Cap'n 2jz's post to help with the install, but I know nothing about turbos or the computer systems, so if anyone can point me to any good info on that as well i'd really appreciate it. First and foremost though I want to make sure i'm actually legal before i build the thing and cant pass rego.

Thanks guys,

Curtis

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Hit up their local forums for more info, not many down under guys around here these days. How long are you gonna be there? IMO get yourself something cool we can't get here like a tiny kei car or something, enjoy yourself a bit.

toymods forum would be where all the aussie toyota guys are. From what I understand the car modding problem is pretty similar in Australia to California. The only difference there is they have engineering rules vs emissions testing in CA

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Alright, I'll Try there, thanks guys

It looks like the move is going to be permanent, my degree would be pretty much Australia specific, and don't worry, I see several east-only cars in my future, but the supra is my baby, so that's my big long run project. And hey, I can't go too small, my 6'3" ass barely fits in the supra

Thread Information