Pacesetter Header Install

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pacesetter Header Install

Hello!

My name is Sebastian. I live in Moose Jaw, SK. (Canada) I own an 85' Cressida. It has some basic modifications and is all about the smiles per gallon.
    My current project is installing an exhaust. I have the unfortunate task of mounting a pacesetter header and the quality control does suck, just an FYI.
    My question for those that have gone this route it, how is everyone sealing off the existing O2 bung? More-or less where have you cut and welded and had no issues
    My other question is the slip-joint section of the exhaust, does it need to be welded or will I have no issues slipping it on?

Thank you,

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

I guess you are welding on a new bung for the O2 sensor? Make a steel plate with 2 holes for the old one and use a gasket. The lower end that meets the exhaust pipe, I'm not sure about. A muffler shop may be helpful with advice.
    BTW, I have a good wiper/headlight combo switch from an 85 Cressy part-out that I've had for years if you want one for back up.
    PM me
    83-Red P-type , 6M,. LJM strut-bar, RC intake,Thorley header,Tenzo 17" wheels, cross-drilled rotors, Eibach springs, KYB shocks, 85 hatch and int., 82 header panel=Frankenkar

87 4 Runner, White, 22RE, 302K on original motor, still strong

"This car is so loud , I heard you before I saw you!" said the nice policeman. Hidden Content

Hey Sebastian, you can just get threaded plugs for the existing o2 bung if that's what you're trying to block off. I have headers on my truck and 2 of 4 bungs are plugged this way. Should be easy to find for cheap from your local parts store, it's a standard thread across a lot of vehicles. Put some high-temp sealant on the threads, and you're good to go.

BTW, I've got a full set of OEM springs off an 88 Cressida if you're ever in need. They're just in my scrap pile, but in great shape. No rust.
    F/S & WTB: Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the responses! I just finished the exhaust and would love to share photos with you guys but unfortunately I don't have any rights to do so..

Post count
    Last edited by Cressida; 02-02-2017 at 01:17 AM.

Post count

Post count x2

Looks like you figured it out. You have good welding skills.I have seen some bung relocations on #3 cylinder.
    DAMN,that exhaust pipe is straight.
    Dave in Seattle. I keep LATE hours.Hidden Content
    '84 type "L" ,Auto ,daily driver. Dk blue.

Dave I was just thinking the same about how straight the pipe is, makes me wonder how he routed it.

Pictues of installed system please =)

Thread Information